Posts in Clean Energy
- “Fossil fuels have lost,” argues Eddie O’Connor, chief executive of Irelands’s Mainstream Renewable Power company, before adding: “The rest of the world just doesn’t know it yet.”
- Have you ever stopped to think about the moments that we were on the brink of something big? Something that we look back on and find it hard to imagine how it used to be? Cell phones are a good example, or smart phones – the iPhone has only been around since 2007. The internet...
Continue reading 'A dangerous calculus'.
- If you are paying attention to the tar sands pipeline conversations, you have no doubt heard industry proponents argue that Alberta needs another pipeline to get its oil to tidewater (i.e. the east or west coast of Canada in this case) in order to obtain the highest price possible for the product. But the fact...
Continue reading 'Tar sands and the myth of tidewater access'.
- The winds of change have been blowing in Canada over the past year – with new governments, new promises, and a renewed sense of urgency – the momentum for ambitious climate action seems to be growing again. In an open letter sent today to Prime Minister Trudeau and Canadian Premiers (leaders of the provinces and...
Continue reading 'Seizing Canada’s chance to lead'.
- How about some good news for a change? The end of the dominance of the oil age could be sooner than you think.
- Hundreds of governments and thousands of stakeholders will meet at the Rio+20 Conference in Brazil this month to chart a future for the health of the planet, our human family and economies worldwide. The question is whether that future will include continuing public fossil fuel subsidies, which could climb to a staggering US$775 billion to an estimated US$1 trillion...
Continue reading 'Call on Governments to End Fossil Fuel Subsidies'.
- Great post from David Roberts at Grist. The reaction from independents to Obama’s clean energy messages in the State of the Union speech is encouraging. Big Oil is the 1%. Clean energy translates into jobs that Americans can support. It’s time for all involved to press the advantage. We cross post here with thanks to...
Continue reading 'Clean energy is a wedge issue that favors Democrats'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (1)
- Blog Posts (3,508)
- Briefings (28)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (14)
- Factsheets (12)
- Featured (1,305)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Methodology (2)
- News (556)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (142)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (73)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (49)
- Separate Oil and State (142)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence