Posts in melting Antarctic
- As the Arctic melts due to climate change, which is being driven by our fossil fuel addiction, the fossil fuel industry is now exploiting the increasingly ice-free region.
- Make no mistake. For those of us working on environmental issues, for social justice, to protect our children, our health, our water, our communities who are on the frontline of fossil fuel extraction, we are in a fight like never before.
- "Exxon's climate denial created this iceberg. It should be named after it too".
- Later today in Stockholm, a conference organised by the business group, the International Chamber of Commerce, examines “Bridging the Climate Change Policy Gap.”
- It is no longer a question of "if" the unthinkable happens, but a question of "when". And the “when” could happen sooner than you think. For decades now climate scientists have been worried about what happens if the vast West Antarctic ice sheet melts.
- As a writer what I find interesting is the corruption of the language and the evidence by the sceptics. Yesterday I posted a blog that was based on Rolling Stone’s list of the people they believe are doing to the most to undermine the international and US domestic effort on climate change. Obviously the post...
Continue reading 'A Message from the Warmists…'.
- Only a week to go and the climate sceptics seem to be popping up everywhere, trying to undermine the Copenhagen conference. But what they can’t stop is the damning new credible scientific evidence that is being produced. One such study is from the Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR). The SCAR study was undertaken by...
Continue reading '10% of Population Will be Affected by Sea-Level Rise'.
- As the politicians pontificate about climate change and the crucial Bonn negotiations come to a close on Wednesday, nature has sent its very own stark message to the conference. An ice bridge that held the vast Wilkins Ice Shelf in place shattered at the weekend. Its collapse could herald a larger break-up of the Ice...
Continue reading 'A Message from Antarctica'.
- A US government-sponsored report has warned that many effects of climate change are already irreversible. Even if carbon emissions were somehow stopped now, global temperatures could remain high for 1,000 years, concluded the scientists. The report, sponsored by the US Department of Energy, appears in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
- As President Obama ploughs through his troublesome large in tray, his inaugural promise to “restore science to its rightful place” could be ringing in his ears with an added sense of urgency. One of his scientific advisors should show him a picture of Antarctica that has just been published that shows a red streak down...
Continue reading 'New Evidence that Antarctica is Warming'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,665)
- Briefings (40)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (14)
- Factsheets (14)
- Featured (1,472)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Letters (3)
- Methodology (2)
- News (715)
- Newsletter (25)
- Press Releases (196)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (87)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (70)
- Separate Oil and State (143)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Supplemental Material (1)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Deepwater Horizon Donald Trump energy policy Energy Security extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills pipelines Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell subsidies tar sands US politics violence