Posts in Canada
- Based on a report by Carbon Tracker, Bloomberg labels the tar sands a "shaky investment"
- The Canadian Museum of Civilisation has announced it is “proud” to have struck a sponsorship deal with the tar sands lobby group, CAPP.
- Newly released documents suggest that the Canadians have been warned that America’s burgeoning oil boom could derail plans to build the KXL, as American oil is cleaner than dirty Canadian crude.
- As First Nations continue to fight fracking in New Brunswick, the neighbouring provincial government of Newfoundland and Labrador has halted the controversial drilling technique.
- Canada’s monitoring of the dirty tar sands is clearly failing the local communities, despite attempts by the region's politicians to spin it otherwise.
- Suddenly reserves worth billions of dollars are being thought of “stranded assets”, and that should include the tar sands.
- The day after the world's leading scientists called for urgent action on climate change, the Albertan government dispatched two politicians to Europe to continue their dirty lobby PR campaign against Europe's progressive climate legislation.
- News broke today that Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper has written a letter to President Obama that, according to CBC reporting, “formally propos[ed] ‘joint action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the oil and gas sector,” in exchange for approval of Keystone XL. The specific details of the offer from Harper are yet to be...
Continue reading 'Don’t buy the last ditch Harper Keystone XL ploy'.
- YouTube’s reputation as a bastion of internet freedom has taken a battering over the last few days as it has twice censored anti-oil videos.
- The oil industry in Canada is struggling to contain an oil spill from underground tar sands mining.