Big Oil is working to extract every last drop of oil on the continent — regardless of the cost to our communities or climate. To succeed, they need ways to transport their explosive fuels, which is why they’re pushing new pipelines and increased crude-by-rail simultaneously. But recent pipeline spills and train accidents show that neither is safe. That’s why we’ve developed the materials on this page to help push back against the industry’s dangerous expansion.
Reports and Resources:
- Report: Wrong Side of the Tracks: Why Rail is not the Answer to the Tar Sands Market Access Problem (Sept. 2014)
- Report: Runaway Train: The Reckless Expansion of Crude-by-Rail in North America (May 2014)
- Fact Sheet: CBR Proposed Rule Fact Sheet (Sept. 2014)
- Data: Map Data Download (Updated: August 20, 2014)
- Article: Tar Sands Train to Ruin (October 2014)
- Article: The tar sands train that couldn’t (October 2014)
- Article: Tar sands reaching the US Gulf Coast by rail remains a dribble (June 2014)
- Article: Pipelines vs. Rail: A False Choice (May 2014)
Big Oil is getting desperate: with pipelines being blocked left and right, the industry is increasingly turning to oil-by-rail as a way to transport their climate-destroying product to market. Write to President Obama and the Department of Transportation demanding an end to bomb trains. Take action by clicking here.