Big Oil is working to extract every last drop of oil on the continent — regardless of the cost to our communities or climate. To succeed, they need ways to transport their explosive fuels, which is why they’re pushing new pipelines and increased crude-by-rail simultaneously. But recent pipeline spills and train accidents show that neither is safe. That’s why we’ve developed the materials on this page to help push back against the industry’s dangerous expansion.
Reports and Publications:
- Report: Wrong Side of the Tracks: Why Rail is not the Answer to the Tar Sands Market Access Problem (Sept. 2014)
- Article: Tar sands reaching the US Gulf Coast by rail remains a dribble (June 2014)
- Article: Pipelines vs. Rail: A False Choice (May 2014)
- Report: Runaway Train: The Reckless Expansion of Crude-by-Rail in North America (May 2014)
- Fact Sheet: CBR Proposed Rule Fact Sheet (Sept. 2014)
- Data: Map Data Download (Updated: August 20, 2014)
The Obama Administration is currently accepting public comments on new tank car regulations. Tell President Obama and Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx: We demand stronger regulations for oil by rail that protect people and the environment, not Big Oil profits!
Send a letter by clicking here.