Posts by David Turnbull
- With the climate crisis advancing at an ever-quickening pace, an immediate step toward the solution should be to stop funding fossils. This bill helps to do just that.
- Today’s ExxonMobil shareholders meeting has been a stark example of Exxon’s continued intransigence when it comes to climate change.
- That the White House was forced to officially respond to this petition is yet another indication of the growing power of the Keep It In The Ground movement.
- The EIA’s Reference Case is a recipe for disaster, and indicates that we need a new set of ingredients to create the clean energy economy necessary to solve the climate crisis.
- As energy wonks across the country gear up for the release of the Energy Information Administration’s (EIA) International Energy Outlook (IEO), we here at Oil Change International wanted to be sure everyone is on the same page as we read over the EIA’s analysis. Most importantly, when it comes to the words “outlook” or “forecast”...
Continue reading 'Upcoming EIA Energy Outlook: Not a Forecast'.
- Today’s energy bill passed by the Senate shows what millions of dollars in campaign contributions can buy for the fossil fuel industry.
- The World Bank and other key multilateral developments institutions are failing to solve the crucial issue of energy access for the global poor, and in the process are missing out on the profound opportunities presented by distributed clean energy solutions, concludes to a major new report released today.
- New analysis released today shows that the World Bank Group continues to finance billions of dollars in oil, gas, and coal projects each year, including projects to explore for new fossil fuel reserves.
- The recently released draft five-year plan for offshore oil and gas drilling is predicated on a failure to act on stated climate policy according to a new briefing note released by Oil Change International and Greenpeace USA today.
- A petition calling for an end to fossil fuel leasing on public lands and waters has garnered more than 100,000 signatures on the White House’s “We the People” online platform, surpassing the threshold necessary to trigger an official response from the White House.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,271)
- Briefings (18)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (12)
- Factsheets (9)
- Featured (1,085)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (358)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (91)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (56)
- Research & Opinions (32)
- Resources (29)
- Separate Oil and State (138)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence