Posts by David Turnbull
- If we want to stave off the very worst impacts of our climate crisis, we need to move as quickly as possible away from fossil fuels. That means cutting both our collective demand for oil, gas, and coal as well as reducing the supply of fossil fuels that helps to drive that demand.
Nobel Laureates Send Letter to Gov. Brown urging managed and just transition off of oil and gas productionNobel Peace Prize Laureates Ask Governor Brown to Take “Moral Responsibility,” Pursue Bold Action to Phase Out Fossil Fuels
- Like many, we at Oil Change International struggle to find the words to convey how horrified we are at the inhumane, unjust actions being perpetrated by agents of the Trump administration, as they tear apart and terrorize families seeking a new future at the border of the United States.
- Today, an open letter signed by 236 international civil society organizations in 44 countries called on Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to stop backing the Kinder Morgan tar sands pipeline project and begin planning for a managed decline of fossil fuel production.
- As California Governor Jerry Brown prepares to host a global summit aimed at rallying bolder climate action, a new report out today details how the state can and must initiate a managed phase-out of its own oil production to fulfill its commitment to the Paris climate goals.
- Today, close to 500 organizations and 140 leading economists are calling on parties gathered for the latest round of climate negotiations to address fossil fuel production and financing in order to ensure success in meeting goals enshrined in the Paris Climate Agreement.
- When it comes to pipeline regulatory decisions, we’re seeing a significant new trend: “Poison approvals” The thing about inertia is that it’s pretty hard to resist, especially when it’s been in place for decades. When it comes to oil and gas pipeline permits, the inertia in place for government agencies at all levels to simply...
Continue reading 'Pipeline “poison approvals”: a new trend?'.
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE April 16, 2018 US Commercial Banks In For a Spring of Fossil Fuel Resistance US commercial banks are gearing up for their annual general meetings, starting as early as this week, but they’re not alone in making plans for AGM season. A growing number of concerned communities and organizations are planning a...
Continue reading 'US Commercial Banks In For a Spring of Fossil Fuel Resistance'.
- Empty Promise: US Bank Continues Pipeline Finance Published by Oil Change International in partnership with Indigenous Environmental Network, Earthworks, Greenpeace, MN 350, and Rainforest Action Network, April 12, 2018 Download the briefing Following waves of pressure over the controversial Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL), US Bancorp (US Bank) CEO Andrew Cecere won praise from Indigenous rights and...
Continue reading 'Empty Promise: US Bank Continues Pipeline Finance'.
RELEASE: US Bank Raises $2 Billion in Oil and Gas Pipeline Finance Since Pledge to Stop Pipeline FinancingFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE April 12, 2018 US Bank Raises $2 Billion in Oil and Gas Pipeline Finance Since Pledge to Stop Pipeline Financing Since revising its environmental policy last year, US Bank financed more than $2 billion to companies building oil and gas pipelines, including an estimated $480 million to Energy Transfer Partners, new analysis...
Continue reading 'RELEASE: US Bank Raises $2 Billion in Oil and Gas Pipeline Finance Since Pledge to Stop Pipeline Financing'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,776)
- Briefings (43)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (17)
- Factsheets (14)
- Featured (1,580)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Letters (5)
- Methodology (2)
- News (815)
- Newsletter (25)
- Press Releases (216)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (93)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (77)
- Separate Oil and State (146)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Supplemental Material (1)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Deepwater Horizon Donald Trump energy policy Energy Security extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills pipelines Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell subsidies tar sands US politics violence