Posts by David Turnbull
- New analysis from Oil Change International has found that over 1.6 million barrels per day of planned expansion in tar sands production is currently delayed or on hold as industry struggles to identify a profitable path forward for 39 projects.
- Today, President Obama took to his new twitter account to answer some questions on his administration’s response to climate change. A noble effort to engage the public on an issue of paramount importance, to be sure. Unfortunately, though, in an exchange regarding Arctic drilling, the President showed he simply doesn’t get it yet. Here’s the question...
Continue reading 'Obama’s twitter response on arctic drilling = #FAIL'.
- One has to look no further than what is not included in these targets — the tar sands — to understand where their priorities lie.
- We all know a picture speaks a thousand words, but sometimes a video says even more. If you’re looking for one clip that shows a bit of the craziness of an energy policy pushing bomb trains, arctic drilling, and unchecked oil production all over our country while communities remain at risk and our climate continues to...
Continue reading 'What’s wrong with our energy policy in one short video'.
- Today's decision to rubber stamp Shell’s 2015 Arctic Exploration Plan is yet another example of the dangerous disconnect between our climate imperatives and the Obama administration's energy policy.
- This is a biting new reality for Big Oil in Alberta, which has been used to the government acting as its mouthpiece and cheerleader for decades.
- As we mark 5 years since the start of the BP Gulf oil disaster, we stand with Gulf South Rising and all those resisting the industry. The Seas are Rising and So Are We.
- New analysis released today by Oil Change International shows that, despite repeated calls for urgent action on climate change, the World Bank Group increased funding for fossil fuels in its last fiscal year. This increase comes during the first full fiscal year following the World Bank’s announced commitment to limit coal financing due to climate concerns.
- The fact that free trade advocates feel the need to short-circuit democracy in order to ensure their victory really says it all. We vigorously oppose granting fast track negotiating authority for these trade deals. The voice of the people is our last line of defense against Big Oil’s assault on our climate and our future. We will not be silenced.
- Today, Oil Change International’s Executive Director Stephen Kretzmann is appearing before the House of Representatives’ Committee on Foreign Affairs’ Subcommittee on Terrorism, Nonproliferation, and Trade, regarding the crude oil export ban. Read the full testimony here or below: Kretzmann Testimony – Crude Export Ban
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,051)
- Briefings (12)
- Data Trends (6)
- Energy Activism (7)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (873)
- Industry Analysis (3)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (177)
- Newsletter (9)
- Press Releases (53)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (40)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (20)
- Separate Oil and State (133)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War