Posts by David Turnbull
- Where we played our game -- a game of communities rising up, of organizing, of using facts to guide us, of running straight at our progressive values and being unashamed of them -- we won. And those wins were beautiful.
- It was a day of huge roars but also small whispers, small moments and momentary glimpses of a beautiful future. Seconds-long reminders that we’re not alone, that we’re in this together, that the world is small and big and diverse and unified all at the same time.
- A report published today by Oil Change International presents new analysis that confirms that shipping tar sands bitumen by rail cannot possibly meet the tar sands industry’s reckless production growth plans.
- A new report released today by Oil Change International outlines billions of dollars of annual subsidies from the seven richest countries in the world to expand fossil fuel reserves, despite repeated commitments from those same countries to phase them out.
- The BP gulf oil spill may not have happened without government subsidies. In fact, at least two major subsidies were used both before and after the explosion of the Deepwater Horizon to support BP.
- A new report released today by Oil Change International exposes over $21 billion in fossil fuel production subsidies annually in the U.S. at the federal and state levels.
- A trio of progressive organizations have released a hard-hitting satirical ad, entitled “Exxon Hates America,” and are crowdfunding it to show on screens across America over the July 4th weekend.
- Today Oil Change International released the first major exposé of the burgeoning crude-by-rail industry in North America, detailing where crude trains are being loaded and unloaded, how many oil trains are crossing the North American continent, and what companies are involved.
- On average, Senators voting against the moratorium have received nearly 3 times as much in Big Oil contributions than those voting for it.
- Senators cosponsoring the pro-Keystone XL bill introduced today have received roughly 5 times more in oil industry cash than those who remained off the bill.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2,942)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (773)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (101)
- Press Releases (35)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (37)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (18)
- Separate Oil and State (129)
- Subsidy Spotlight (5)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War