Posts by David Turnbull
- Three words sum up Rex Tillerson’s performance yesterday in his confirmation hearing for Secretary of State: Unprepared. Unqualified. Unacceptable
- Rex Tillerson seems determined to run US foreign policy like he ran Exxon: deny, evade, and even lie, in order to defend power and certainly without regard to any 'moral compass'.
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE January 10, 2017 Contact: Janet Redman, janet [at] priceofoil [dot] org David Turnbull, david [at] priceofoil [dot] org Study: U.S. Oil Industry Heavily Dependent on Government Handouts Almost Half of All U.S. Oil Production Subsidy Dependent Almost half of the oil production in the United States will depend on taxpayer handouts to make it...
Continue reading 'Study: U.S. Oil Industry Heavily Dependent on Government Handouts'.
- A closer look at the withdrawal of Arctic waters from offshore drilling shows a critically important detail to how the White House made this decision: They used a climate test as one of the rationales for ending drilling in the Arctic.
- We congratulate President Obama for this historic action. As he knows, and as he stated when he rejected Keystone XL, ‘if we’re going to prevent large parts of this Earth from becoming not only inhospitable but uninhabitable in our lifetimes, we’re going to have to keep some fossil fuels in the ground.
- Rex Tillerson’s efforts to paint a picture of moderation amount to nothing more than a ruthless public relations campaign to curry favor in the media. Meanwhile he has pursued a reckless path of continued oil and gas development in order to continue making as much money as possible for himself and his company, regardless of the consequences.
- It’s clear that Rick Perry has no idea what the job of Energy Secretary entails, and frankly we hope it stays that way.
- To everyone keeping score at home, you can mark this up as Putin’s payback for election intervention. The nomination of Rex Tillerson has revealed with startling clarity that our government is being set up to support the interests of Big Oil and Putin, not the American people or the planet. Now more than ever, we demand a Separation of Oil and State.
- With this nomination, Mr. Trump is doubling down on his dangerous climate denial and putting a booster of the fossil fuel industry at the top of an agency that should be focused on protecting Americans from environmental and health risks associated with our energy choices.
- First and foremost, this is an incredible victory for the Standing Rock Sioux tribe and the thousands of water protectors who joined them in bold resistance to the dangerous Dakota Access pipeline. We salute them for their leadership and thank them for the resolve that has brought us to this day.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,405)
- Briefings (21)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (13)
- Factsheets (12)
- Featured (1,207)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (7)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (461)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (118)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (63)
- Research & Opinions (35)
- Resources (40)
- Separate Oil and State (140)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence