Posts in fossil fuel subsidies
- With just a few days left until the 19th Conference of the Parties (COP) of the United Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) conference draws to a close, time is running out to reach a meaningful agreement on providing climate finance for developing countries – a key component of the negotiations. But as shown in...
Continue reading 'A Call for Reason in Warsaw: Finance Climate Action, not Fossil Fuel Subsidies'.
- Fossil fuel companies operating in the U.S. and Canada made $271 billion dollars in profit in 2012, while continuing to receive billions in subsidies.
- Today we’re releasing a new report with Earth Track that exposes some $4 billion per year in new fossil fuel subsidies which have gone unaccounted for in previous estimates.
- A new report released today exposes a largely unaccounted for subsidy to the fossil fuel industry, valued at roughly $4 billion per year and growing.
- Arkansas has become the latest scene of an Exxon oil spill, and the subsequent spin attempts to side-step blame. The truth tells a different story.
- BP could settle the Deepwater Horizon spill trial and offset a whopping $9 billion against it tax bill
- Here in Doha for the UN climate negotiations, we've just released new analysis that shows that fossil fuel subsidies in rich countries are, on average, five times greater than those same countries' pledges towards climate finance.
- Then you better start swimmin’ Or you’ll sink like a stone For the times they are a-changin’. – Bob Dylan After decades of campaign efforts to get the World Bank to stop investing in fossil fuels, it appears that the institution that was for many years the largest source of multilateral public support for the...
Continue reading 'World Bank starts swimmin’, but still might sink'.
- Connie Hedegaard, the outspoken EU Commissioner for Climate Action, has lent her weight to the growing calls for ending fossil fuel subsidies. Earlier in the week, Oil Change International revealed that fossil fuel subsidies could be as high a $1 trillion. Oil Change has been working with others NGOs to make phasing out subsidies a...
Continue reading 'EU Commissioner Calls for End to Subsidies'.
- Our latest report finds that global fossil fuel production and consumption subsidies are at least $775 billion annually and could be $1 trillion or even more. There is an urgent need for transparency in subsidy reporting.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2806)
- Briefings (7)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (634)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (4)
- News (6)
- Press Releases (21)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (28)
- Research & Opinions (29)
- Resources (12)
- Separate Oil and State (123)
- Subsidy Spotlight (1)
- Websites (4)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War