Posts in fossil fuel subsidies
- Standard Oil has long since been broken up yet the subsidy designed to do so has only grown over its 100-year lifespan in terms of total value to the industry.
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE September 5, 2016 Contact: Alex Doukas, alex [at] priceofoil [dot] org G20 leaders fail to act on fossil fuel subsidies, undermining Paris climate goals In response to the statements on fossil fuel subsidies in the G20 Leaders’ Communique, which fail to establish a deadline for the phase out of subsidies, Oil Change International has...
Continue reading 'G20 leaders fail to act on fossil fuel subsidies, undermining Paris climate goals'.
- Today, G20 leaders in China again failed to set a deadline to end fossil fuel subsidies, seven years after they first committed to ending them. Even as G20 governments move to ratify the Paris Agreement on climate change, they’re adding fuel to the fire by dumping $444 billion of our money into polluting fossil fuel companies every year, undermining the spirit...
Continue reading 'Fossil fuel subsidies are “the world’s dumbest policy” – so why won’t G20 leaders end them?'.
- This week, the leaders of Mexico, Canada, and the United States met in Ottawa for the North American Leaders’ Summit. In their outcome statement on climate and energy, they committed to “phase out inefficient fossil fuel subsidies by 2025 and call on the other members of the G-20 to do the same.” Along with their...
Continue reading 'Should North Americans subsidize oil, gas, and coal for another 10 years?'.
RELEASE: Civil society organisations join forces to call for G20 to end fossil fuel subsidies by 2020More than 200 civil society organizations have joined together to urge G20 governments to commit to end fossil fuel subsidies by 2020.
- The renewable revolution is gathering apace according to new research. Last year was an “extraordinary” record year for the sector, with “the largest global capacity additions seen to date.”
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE May 27, 2016 Contact: Alex Doukas, alex [at] priceofoil [dot] org G7 leaders call for end to fossil fuel subsidies worldwide by 2025 In response to the G7 Leaders’ Declaration released today, where world leaders for the first time established a deadline on their commitment to phase out fossil fuel subsidies, Alex Doukas, Senior...
Continue reading 'Reaction: 2025 fossil fuel subsidies deadline in G7 Leaders’ Declaration'.
- With the climate crisis advancing at an ever-quickening pace, an immediate step toward the solution should be to stop funding fossils. This bill helps to do just that.
- Over the past decade, companies like Koch Industries, ExxonMobile, and Chevron have given millions to our elected officials. All told, combining lobbying dollars and campaign contributions, the fossil fuel industry has spent over $1.7 BILLION trying to get their way since 2005.
- This factsheet shines a light on the millions in campaign contributions made to our elected officials over the past 10 years and the billions in fossil fuel subsidies the industry gets in return.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,339)
- Briefings (19)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (13)
- Factsheets (10)
- Featured (1,148)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (401)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (101)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (60)
- Research & Opinions (32)
- Resources (34)
- Separate Oil and State (138)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence