Posts in fossil fuel subsidies
- Today Rex Tillerson, under oath, denied the existence of fossil fuel subsidies. In fact, according to our new analysis ExxonMobil likely gets as much as $1 billion in subsidies each year.
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE January 10, 2017 Contact: Janet Redman, janet [at] priceofoil [dot] org David Turnbull, david [at] priceofoil [dot] org Study: U.S. Oil Industry Heavily Dependent on Government Handouts Almost Half of All U.S. Oil Production Subsidy Dependent Almost half of the oil production in the United States will depend on taxpayer handouts to make it...
Continue reading 'Study: U.S. Oil Industry Heavily Dependent on Government Handouts'.
- Subsidies: Propping Up Oil Profits & Polluting the Climate Oil Change International & Sierra Club January 2017 DOWNLOAD INFOGRAPHIC Almost half of all oil production expected to come online in the United States is only economic if the public props up private investments with taxpayer handouts. The other half of oil production would happen even...
Continue reading 'Infographic: Subsidies Propping Up Oil Profits & Polluting the Climate'.
- Guess who’s responsible for about half of all the oil that will be produced in the United States? You! That's according to a new study, which shows that 45 percent of US oil production depends on government handouts to make it profitable. Yes, your money is sponsoring pollution and lining the pockets of oil companies.
- In response to the outcome of the COP22 climate negotiations in Morocco, Oil Change International released the following statements from its experts.
- "Canada's fossil fuel subsidies are like taxing consumers when they buy cigarettes while giving massive tax breaks to tobacco companies that encourage them to produce more cigarettes. It doesn’t make sense.”
- BP was responsible for Deepwater Horizon, a disaster that killed 11 people and caused one of worst oil spills ever – and then they made us foot the bill.
- In response to Prime Minister Trudeau’s announcement of a national carbon pricing proposal, Alex Doukas, Senior Campaigner at Oil Change International, released the following statement.
- Standard Oil has long since been broken up yet the subsidy designed to do so has only grown over its 100-year lifespan in terms of total value to the industry.
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE September 5, 2016 Contact: Alex Doukas, alex [at] priceofoil [dot] org G20 leaders fail to act on fossil fuel subsidies, undermining Paris climate goals In response to the statements on fossil fuel subsidies in the G20 Leaders’ Communique, which fail to establish a deadline for the phase out of subsidies, Oil Change International has...
Continue reading 'G20 leaders fail to act on fossil fuel subsidies, undermining Paris climate goals'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,407)
- Briefings (21)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (13)
- Factsheets (12)
- Featured (1,208)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (7)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (463)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (119)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (63)
- Research & Opinions (35)
- Resources (40)
- Separate Oil and State (140)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence