Posts in fossil fuel subsidies
- G20 countries are estimated to be spending $88 billion every year subsidising exploration for fossil fuels. This new report documents, for the first time, the scale and structure of fossil fuel exploration subsidies in the G20 countries.
- A new report by the Overseas Development Institute and Oil Change International has found that governments are still spending a whopping $88 billion every year supporting fossil fuel exploration.
- From tar sands refinery subsidies in Whiting, Indiana and cash-strapped Detroit to petcoke covering the neighborhoods of Southeast Chicago, this subsidy spotlight explores the human impact of government subsidies gone haywire.
- Enbridge is side-stepping environmental regulations and corporate taxes in attempts to increase Canadian tar sands exports through the United States.
- From the Wyoming coal mines, to the gasification plant in Penwell, to the oilfields of the Permian Basin -- this subsidy spotlight explores the human impact of government subsidies gone haywire.
- A new report released today by Oil Change International outlines billions of dollars of annual subsidies from the seven richest countries in the world to expand fossil fuel reserves, despite repeated commitments from those same countries to phase them out.
- A new report by Oil Change International identifies billions of dollars in subsidies for fossil fuel exploration from the world’s wealthiest countries.
- Subsidy Spotlight: The fracking boom has had devastating health and environmental impacts in Colorado – and it likely wouldn't have been possible without government subsidies.
- The BP gulf oil spill may not have happened without government subsidies. In fact, at least two major subsidies were used both before and after the explosion of the Deepwater Horizon to support BP.
- Today, Oil Change International released a comprehensive report on fossil fuel exploration and production subsidies in the U.S. – Cashing in on All of the Above: U.S. Fossil Fuel Production Subsidies under Obama – which demonstrates that at a time when we need urgent action on climate change more than ever, the U.S. government is...
Continue reading 'U.S. Government Providing Billions in Fossil Fuel Subsidies to Unburnable Carbon'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2,938)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (769)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (97)
- Press Releases (35)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (37)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (18)
- Separate Oil and State (129)
- Subsidy Spotlight (5)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War