Posts in fossil fuel subsidies
- Over the past decade, companies like Koch Industries, ExxonMobile, and Chevron have given millions to our elected officials. All told, combining lobbying dollars and campaign contributions, the fossil fuel industry has spent over $1.7 BILLION trying to get their way since 2005.
- This factsheet shines a light on the millions in campaign contributions made to our elected officials over the past 10 years and the billions in fossil fuel subsidies the industry gets in return.
- On Tuesday, Justin Trudeau’s government unveiled their first budget. There’s good news, and there’s bad news.
- Today’s budget missed the opportunity to make meaningful cuts to wasteful handouts to some of the wealthiest, most polluting fossil fuel companies on the planet.
- We’re hopeful that the Minister Morneau and the Trudeau government will live up to their promises, listen to the many Canadians demanding action, and stop funding fossils.
- Quick out of the gates this morning, Canada and the U.S. released their joint statement on climate, energy and Arctic leadership in the midst of Prime Minister Trudeau’s official Washington visit. Finding themselves on similar pages when it comes to the need for action on climate, Trudeau and Obama used the opportunity to focus on...
Continue reading 'Unpacking the U.S.-Canada joint statement on climate, energy, and Arctic leadership'.
- While a reasonable new fee on oil to fund much needed transportation improvements may be a bridge too far for those who take their marching orders from Big Oil, we hope Congress might finally consider eliminating wasteful government spending in the form of fossil fuel subsidies at the very least.
- Today, the Obama Administration released a fact sheet describing a new initiative included in the President’s upcoming budget proposal, which will include a new fee paid by oil companies along with increased investments in new transportation options. Read more for Oil Change International's response.
- If a climate test were to be applied to this bill, there’s little doubt it would fail.
- Negotiators and delegates arriving at the conference centre this morning were greeted by a giant dinosaur, dozens of international youth, and a clear message: Stop Funding Fossils, the Clock Starts Now!
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,252)
- Briefings (18)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (11)
- Factsheets (9)
- Featured (1,071)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (342)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (86)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (55)
- Research & Opinions (32)
- Resources (29)
- Separate Oil and State (138)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence