- A new report by Oil Change International identifies billions of dollars in subsidies for fossil fuel exploration from the world’s wealthiest countries.
- Cashing in on All of the Above: U.S. Fossil Fuel Production Subsidies under Obama Oil Change International July 2014 A new report by Oil Change International, Cashing in on All of the Above: U.S. Fossil Fuel Production Subsidies under Obama, demonstrates the huge and growing amount of subsidies going to the fossil fuel industry in...
Continue reading 'Cashing in on All of the Above: U.S. Fossil Fuel Production Subsidies under Obama'.
- On Monday, June 16 the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)’s Export Credit Group will meet to discuss climate and energy related financing through Export Credit Agencies – public agencies that fund or guarantee private corporations from their home country to invest or export overseas.
- Runaway Train: The Reckless Expansion of Crude-by-Rail in North America. Oil Change International, May 2014. This report tracks the rise of crude-by-rail in North America, detailing where crude trains are being loaded and unloaded, how many trains carrying crude oil are crossing the North American continent, and who is involved in this burgeoning trade. This report is the...
Continue reading 'Runaway Train: The Reckless Expansion of Crude-by-Rail in North America'.
- The Crude-by-Rail Resource Hub includes our interactive map charting major rail routes and terminals for the transport of crude oil by rail in the U.S. and Canada. The hub also contains our latest crude-by-rail reports and actions.
- Senators cosponsoring the pro-Keystone XL bill introduced today have received roughly 5 times more in oil industry cash than those who remained off the bill.
- Polluting Our Democracy and Our Environment: Dirty Fuels Money in Politics Oil Change International and Sierra Club April 2014 A new report by Oil Change International and the Sierra Club, Polluting Our Democracy and Our Environment: Dirty Fuels Money in Politics, demonstrates the enormous amount of campaign finance contributions pouring into Congress by the...
Continue reading 'Polluting Our Democracy and Our Environment: Dirty Fuels Money in Politics'.
- World Bank Group finance for fossil fuel exploration projects from FY2008 to 2013 was highest in 2013, at nearly $1 billion out of $2.7 billion total for fossil fuel projects.
- Lifting the Ban, Cooking the Climate The Climate Impact of Lifting the Crude Oil Export Ban March 2014 The U.S. oil industry’s biggest players, including ExxonMobil and the American Petroleum Institute, are calling for an end to the U.S. ban on crude oil exports that has been in place for more than four decades since...
Continue reading 'Lifting the Ban, Cooking the Climate'.
- 'Frozen Future' warns investors of the risks to shareholder value from Royal Dutch Shell’s Alaskan Arctic drilling program.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2,887)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (718)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (62)
- Press Releases (32)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (33)
- Research & Opinions (30)
- Resources (18)
- Separate Oil and State (128)
- Subsidy Spotlight (2)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War