Posts by Shakuntala Makhijani
- Back in January, the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) released the 2017-2022 Oil and Gas Leasing Program, its proposed 5-year plan for offshore U.S. oil and gas development that includes ten potential lease sales in the Gulf of Mexico, three in the Alaskan Arctic, and one in the Atlantic.
- Enbridge is side-stepping environmental regulations and corporate taxes in attempts to increase Canadian tar sands exports through the United States.
- A new report by Oil Change International identifies billions of dollars in subsidies for fossil fuel exploration from the world’s wealthiest countries.
- Today, Oil Change International released a comprehensive report on fossil fuel exploration and production subsidies in the U.S. – Cashing in on All of the Above: U.S. Fossil Fuel Production Subsidies under Obama – which demonstrates that at a time when we need urgent action on climate change more than ever, the U.S. government is...
Continue reading 'U.S. Government Providing Billions in Fossil Fuel Subsidies to Unburnable Carbon'.
- Cashing in on All of the Above: U.S. Fossil Fuel Production Subsidies under Obama Oil Change International July 2014 A new report by Oil Change International, Cashing in on All of the Above: U.S. Fossil Fuel Production Subsidies under Obama, demonstrates the huge and growing amount of subsidies going to the fossil fuel industry in...
Continue reading 'Cashing in on All of the Above: U.S. Fossil Fuel Production Subsidies under Obama'.
- The endorsement granted to Big Oil companies by preeminent arts institutions allows them to whitewash their image.
- A Plains All American pipeline spilled 10,000 gallons of oil in Los Angeles. The company is heavily subsidize and a major crude by rail company.
- Last month, the American Petroleum Institute (API) released a report advocating for an end to the U.S. ban on crude oil exports. Nestled among the API’s rosy claims of new jobs and low gas prices (which are strongly refuted by this report from the Center for American Progress) was one point that we actually agree...
Continue reading 'Hell Freezes Over: OCI and API Agree! … On Oil Production Impacts of Lifting the Crude Export Ban'.
- This morning, Oil Change International Executive Director Steve Kretzmann joined Representative John Sarbanes (MD-3) and a coalition of environmental groups to endorse the Government by the People Act (H.R. 20), a legislative proposal to enact a system of public funding for elections that would take back influence in politics from big money donors and put...
Continue reading 'New Bill Aims to Tackle Dirty Money in Politics'.
- The World Bank should prioritize energy access by redirecting energy financing away from large fossil fuel projects toward decentralized renewables.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,776)
- Briefings (43)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (17)
- Factsheets (14)
- Featured (1,580)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Letters (5)
- Methodology (2)
- News (815)
- Newsletter (25)
- Press Releases (216)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (93)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (77)
- Separate Oil and State (146)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Supplemental Material (1)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Deepwater Horizon Donald Trump energy policy Energy Security extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills pipelines Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell subsidies tar sands US politics violence