Posts by Lorne Stockman
- Oil Change International- May 2015 Download Briefing The Canadian tar sands is among the most carbon-intensive, highest-cost sources of oil in the world.Even prior to the precipitous drop in global oil prices late last year, three major projects were cancelled in the sector with companies unable to chart a profitable path forward. Since the collapse...
Continue reading 'On the Edge: 1.6 million barrels per day of proposed tar sands oil on life support'.
- Just days after inadequate new safety rules from PHMSA, yet another oil train accident shows that we must stop these dangerous trains now.
- For Immediate Release May 1, 2015 Obama Administration Leaves Explosive Oil Trains on the Rails for Years Long phase-out of hazardous cars, inadequate speed limits, deficient tanker shells leave communities at risk of catastrophe Washington, D.C. — Today the Department of Transportation (DOT) released long-awaited new safety standards for rail tank cars used to haul...
Continue reading 'Obama Administration Leaves Explosive Oil Trains on the Rails for Years'.
- Any way you look at it, Teck's proposed tar sands mine, 'Frontier' is a bad investment.
- The EIA's new crude-by-rail data confirms what we always knew. That Keystone XL cannot be replaced by rail and will have a serious climate impact.
- For the sake of a mere 4% of total petroleum passing through the United States, we say stop the trains now, protect North America’s communities and build an energy system that protects the climate and our citizens from a reckless oil industry.
- New data from the EIA shows that the President was right to call Keystone XL an export pipeline.
- IHS published today a predictable and hollow attempt to rebut much of our work on Keystone XL’s links to markets beyond North America and the ability of rail to replace the pipeline.
- Oil Change International, Earthjustice and Sightline Institute have submitted a Freedom of Information Act request to the US Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) seeking details on the Bureau’s criteria for recently approving multiple significant exceptions to the nation’s crude oil export ban.
- The tar sands industry lists market access as the number one threat to its future in a recent industry survey.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,069)
- Briefings (12)
- Data Trends (7)
- Energy Activism (7)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (891)
- Industry Analysis (8)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (194)
- Newsletter (15)
- Press Releases (54)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (41)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (21)
- Separate Oil and State (133)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War