Posts by Lorne Stockman
- For the sake of a mere 4% of total petroleum passing through the United States, we say stop the trains now, protect North America’s communities and build an energy system that protects the climate and our citizens from a reckless oil industry.
- New data from the EIA shows that the President was right to call Keystone XL an export pipeline.
- IHS published today a predictable and hollow attempt to rebut much of our work on Keystone XL’s links to markets beyond North America and the ability of rail to replace the pipeline.
- Oil Change International, Earthjustice and Sightline Institute have submitted a Freedom of Information Act request to the US Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) seeking details on the Bureau’s criteria for recently approving multiple significant exceptions to the nation’s crude oil export ban.
- The tar sands industry lists market access as the number one threat to its future in a recent industry survey.
- This week’s historic decision by New York Governor Cuomo to ban high-volume fracking in New York State comes as the local health risks of fracking are becoming increasingly clear. The decision followed the release of a long awaited New York Health Department study that acting state health commissioner, Dr. Howard A. Zucker, said had found “significant public...
Continue reading 'Keepin’ it in the Ground: New York Shale Gas by the numbers'.
- The President was right on Keystone XL being an export pipeline. The Washington Post Fact Checker got it wrong.
- A graphic published today by Oil Change International shows the carbon left in the ground in cancelled tar sands projects and the potential impact of continued action to stop tar sands pipelines.
- Southern Pacific Resources was the first tar sands producer to commit all of its production to crude-by-rail. Today, the company is on the brink of disaster.
- Tar sands-by-rail is a major issue in the debate on Keystone XL. In this first of a series of blogs on the issue, we look at the ongoing failures of the first tar sands unit train terminal.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,012)
- Briefings (10)
- Data Trends (2)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (835)
- Industry Analysis (1)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (149)
- Newsletter (3)
- Press Releases (44)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (38)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (18)
- Separate Oil and State (133)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War