Posts in End Oil Aid
- This is a cross-post from Transition Voice. Written by Erik Curren Can the president who killed Osama bin Laden now stand up to Big Oil? Encouraged by comments made by House Speaker John Boehner that subsidies for oil and gas companies should be on the table, Democrats led by Montana Sen. Max Baucus last week...
Continue reading 'Top 5 myths about subsidies to oil companies'.
- The Independent Petroleum Producers Association is currently in overdrive parading a commissioned study that makes a number of claims about its member’s value to the economy. According to the study, independent oil and gas producers drill most of the wells in the country, create millions of jobs and pay billions in taxes and royalties. Furthermore,...
Continue reading 'Independent oil & gas producers don’t need subsidies any more than big oil does'.
- It’s time to shift international energy investments to support energy services that are clean, reliable, and sustainable, and honestly provide energy access for the poorest. You can help. The World Bank – an influential development bank that runs on taxpayer money – is currently updating its Energy Strategy that will guide its investments for the...
Continue reading 'Join the International Call: World Bank, Free Us from Fossil Fuels'.
- I don’t know how many G20 leaders will have time to read the FT website today, but they should. The paper’s editorial is nothing short of staggering. It starts by stating “As addictions go, the world’s addiction to fossil fuels is a killer.” Coming from the mouthpiece of one of the world’s financial capitals, which...
Continue reading 'FT: Ending subsidies is “An idea whose time has come”'.
- According to a leaked letter, the Obama Administration is set to propose ending fossil fuel subsidies next week at the Pittsburgh G20. The letter, authored by Michael Froman who is an Obama advisor on international economic affairs, calls on the G20 to eliminate all fossil fuel and electricity subsidies, as a “logical step in combating...
Continue reading 'Money for Nothing, and your Climate for Free'.
- At a briefing today on the Stategic Framework on Climate Change and Development, a World Bank official conceded that the proposed “Clean Technology Fund” might better be called the “Slightly Cleaner Technology Fund,” but said she would not go so far as to call it the “Dirty Technology Fund.” Addressing Members of the UN Permanent...
Continue reading 'World Bank’s “Slightly Cleaner Technology Fund”'.
- Tackling climate change and other environmental hazards is affordable but urgent action is needed to avert irreversible damage, the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) said yesterday. The 30-nation OECD said possible environmental safeguards might slow world growth by just 0.03 percent a year — meaning that by 2030 the global economy would be...
Continue reading 'OECD: Remove Subisidies to Fossil Fuels Now'.
- Another day and another disaster looms over climate. Lake Mead, the vast reservoir for the Colorado River water that sustains the fast-growing cities of Phoenix and Las Vegas, could lose water faster than previously thought and run dry within 13 years, according to a new study by scientists The lake, located in Nevada and Arizona,...
Continue reading 'Lake Mead Could Dry Up Within Years'.
- Bali, Indonesia – Oil Change International today released a new database and report that reveals over $61.3 billion in international public financing has benefited the oil and gas industry since 2000. Just last week, the European Parliament overwhelmingly passed language calling for an end to fossil fuel financing by the European Investment Bank and Export...
Continue reading 'Aiding Oil, Harming the Climate'.
- There has been a great victory for the global End Oil Aid Coalition. With a resounding majority (540 MEPs in favour), the European Parliament yesterday passed a resolution on trade and climate change which calls for “the discontinuation of public support, via export credit agencies and public investment banks, for fossil fuel projects”.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,663)
- Briefings (40)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (14)
- Factsheets (14)
- Featured (1,470)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Letters (3)
- Methodology (2)
- News (713)
- Newsletter (25)
- Press Releases (196)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (87)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (70)
- Separate Oil and State (143)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Supplemental Material (1)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Deepwater Horizon Donald Trump energy policy Energy Security extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills pipelines Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell subsidies tar sands US politics violence