Posts in Climate Change
- Last week we exposed ExxonMobil’s Outlook for Energy as a corporate fantasy rather than a forecast. ExxonMobil's head of public affairs called our work ill-informed and "odious" but chose not to answer our arguments...
- The UN climate talks are nearing the final hours and one of the major sticking points is finance. Well, we're here to tell governments there's plenty of money available if they look in the right place.
- Exxon published its Outlook for Energy today. We show why it should be viewed as the corporate propaganda it is.
- Many people concerned about climate change may be focussed on the ongoing UN climate negotiations in Lima, but back home in the US it is business as usual for the oil and gas industry: they are secretly lobbying to delay action on climate and undermine America’s environmental protection laws.
- The Lima UN climate talks which open today were always the diplomatic aperitif before the main three course carbon-fest in Paris next year. However they open with a renewed sense of optimism that after 20 years of delay and political deadlock – often driven by the fossil fuel industry – a deal may well be in sight for Paris.
- It has often been called the heart of public relations: but the third party technique is simple – it is putting your words in someone else’s mouth.
- In the end the vote was agonisingly close, but Big Oil’s buddies in the Senate fell at the final hurdle in their attempt to approve the controversial Keystone XL pipeline.
- One step forward - two steps back or two steps forward one step back? It’s been a topsy turvy couple of weeks as far as the climate is concerned. We have had the Republicans gaining control of both sides of the House and Obama pulling a climate rabbit out of the hat with the US-China deal.
- A new report by the Overseas Development Institute and Oil Change International has found that governments are still spending a whopping $88 billion every year supporting fossil fuel exploration.
- The "clock is ticking". "Little time left". The "Starkest Warning Yet". The "Final Warning". Just four of the headlines from around the world of yesterday's UN report on climate change.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2,958)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (789)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (112)
- Press Releases (35)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (38)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (18)
- Separate Oil and State (130)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War