Posts by Steve Kretzmann
- Polluting Our Democracy and Our Environment: Dirty Fuels Money in Politics Oil Change International and Sierra Club April 2014 A new report by Oil Change International and the Sierra Club, Polluting Our Democracy and Our Environment: Dirty Fuels Money in Politics, demonstrates the enormous amount of campaign finance contributions pouring into Congress by the...
Continue reading 'Polluting Our Democracy and Our Environment: Dirty Fuels Money in Politics'.
- An in-depth analysis released earlier this week by the Carbon Tracker Initiative suggests that the authors of the State Department’s Final Supplementary Environmental Impact Statement (FSEIS) for the Keystone XL pipeline even more severely underestimate the climate impact of the pipeline than initial criticisms suggest.
- In 2009, President Obama made a commitment to reduce U.S. greenhouse gases by 17 percent by 2020. The Obama administration put this forward as the U.S. share of a global effort to limit climate change to no more than two degrees Celsius – the target scientists tell us may be safe. Achieving this target, which...
Continue reading 'Kerry’s State Department Ignored Obama’s Climate Action Plan'.
- According to multiple sources the State Department will issue its long awaited Final Environmental Impact Statement on the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline later today. The early spin today is that “environmentalists will be disappointed”. But consider the source. Last week, Jack Gerard, the head of the American Petroleum Institute, told Reuters that “It’s our...
Continue reading 'What did Big Oil know and when did they know it?'.
- Alabama coal baron and conservative activist Shaun McCutcheon doesn’t feel that $123,200 buys him enough influence in DC. He wants a Citizens United 2.
- From DeSmogBlog: In President Barack Obama's Climate Action Plan address, he stated that TransCanada's Keystone XL tar sands pipeline would only receive State Department approval "if this project does not significantly exacerbate the problem of carbon pollution."
- Our concerns with the impact statement for the Keystone XL pipeline released today are extensive and only serve to further strengthen the clear need for Secretary Kerry and President Obama to reject this proposed pipeline project. This month’s largest-ever Forward on Climate rally and other events make it clear that there is a large and growing movement that will support them should they choose to reject this dirty pipeline. Over the next 45 days, we are confident Americans will make this abundantly clear to the Administration.
- Yesterday Oil Change International launched an exciting new campaign with our friends at the Other 98%. ExxonHatesYourChildren.com is a website, with a provocative TV ad embedded in it. Our intent is to raise money to put the ad on television to draw attention to the over $10 billion in annual subsidies to Big Oil, Gas...
Continue reading 'Exxon Hates Your Children. Satire with a serious message.'.
- Then you better start swimmin’ Or you’ll sink like a stone For the times they are a-changin’. – Bob Dylan After decades of campaign efforts to get the World Bank to stop investing in fossil fuels, it appears that the institution that was for many years the largest source of multilateral public support for the...
Continue reading 'World Bank starts swimmin’, but still might sink'.
- In a development that will shock few, but should be known by more, some of Big Oil’s biggest friends in the Senate weighed in with President Obama last week on the Keystone XL pipeline. The bipartisan group of eighteen Senators sent a letter to the President urging him to approve the project (apparently not caring...
Continue reading 'Big Oil’s Senators Do What They’re Paid To Do'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2,958)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (789)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (112)
- Press Releases (35)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (38)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (18)
- Separate Oil and State (130)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War