Posts in #StopFundingFossils
- Organizations from frontline communities - where Americans that are most impacted by climate change and the fossil fuel industry live - and organizations working in solidarity with them, are urging lawmakers to reject the FUTURE Act (S.1535) and the Carbon Capture Act (H.R.1379) - and to oppose its inclusion in a tax policy package.
- More than 30 environmental, public health, consumer, and climate groups delivered a letter to members of Congress in opposition to the FUTURE Act (S.1535) and Carbon Capture Act (H.R.3761) - and any attempts in a tax policy package to extend or expand subsidies for enhanced oil production.
- Acknowledging the obvious fact that our future cannot be fossil fueled begins the game that will only be truly won when our public policies, our laws, our governments, and our social norms fully incorporate this truth.
- In his first outing as Secretary of State, former ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson may have been quiet, but the world’s climate leaders were not. Ahead of the G20 meeting of foreign ministers, hosted by Germany in Bonn, German government officials didn’t mince words: “You can’t fight climate change by putting up barbed wire,” said Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel, a not-so-thinly veiled swipe at Rex Tillerson and Donald Trump’s climate denial, and the Trump Administration’s racist immigration policies.
- Subsidies: Propping Up Oil Profits & Polluting the Climate Oil Change International & Sierra Club January 2017 DOWNLOAD INFOGRAPHIC Almost half of all oil production expected to come online in the United States is only economic if the public props up private investments with taxpayer handouts. The other half of oil production would happen even...
Continue reading 'Infographic: Subsidies Propping Up Oil Profits & Polluting the Climate'.
- Did Rick Perry help Energy Transfer Partners - one of the owners of the Dakota Access Pipeline - cheat Texas taxpayers out of $6 million, or was he just asleep at the switch? Either way, can we really trust him to be in charge of nuclear security as Energy Secretary?
- A handful of wealthy countries are still funding fossil fuels instead of climate action, giving 3.6 times more public money to prop up fossil fuels than they’re giving to developing countries to address climate change.
- In response to Prime Minister Trudeau’s announcement of a national carbon pricing proposal, Alex Doukas, Senior Campaigner at Oil Change International, released the following statement.
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE September 5, 2016 Contact: Alex Doukas, alex [at] priceofoil [dot] org G20 leaders fail to act on fossil fuel subsidies, undermining Paris climate goals In response to the statements on fossil fuel subsidies in the G20 Leaders’ Communique, which fail to establish a deadline for the phase out of subsidies, Oil Change International has...
Continue reading 'G20 leaders fail to act on fossil fuel subsidies, undermining Paris climate goals'.
- Today, G20 leaders in China again failed to set a deadline to end fossil fuel subsidies, seven years after they first committed to ending them. Even as G20 governments move to ratify the Paris Agreement on climate change, they’re adding fuel to the fire by dumping $444 billion of our money into polluting fossil fuel companies every year, undermining the spirit...
Continue reading 'Fossil fuel subsidies are “the world’s dumbest policy” – so why won’t G20 leaders end them?'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,609)
- Briefings (37)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (14)
- Factsheets (14)
- Featured (1,413)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Letters (2)
- Methodology (2)
- News (661)
- Newsletter (25)
- Press Releases (177)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (83)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (66)
- Separate Oil and State (143)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Supplemental Material (1)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Deepwater Horizon Donald Trump energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell subsidies tar sands US politics violence