- Oil Change International, September 2014 Download full report This report examines the development of bitumen-by-rail at a time when its growth is expected to take a substantial leap. How much bitumen is actually moving by rail in 2014? What is the capacity of loading and unloading terminals that are realistically positioned to handle tar sands bitumen? How profitable is...
Continue reading 'Wrong Side of the Tracks: Why Rail is not the Answer to the Tar Sands Market Access Problem'.
- A new report by Oil Change International identifies billions of dollars in subsidies for fossil fuel exploration from the world’s wealthiest countries.
- Cashing in on All of the Above: U.S. Fossil Fuel Production Subsidies under Obama Oil Change International July 2014 A new report by Oil Change International, Cashing in on All of the Above: U.S. Fossil Fuel Production Subsidies under Obama, demonstrates the huge and growing amount of subsidies going to the fossil fuel industry in...
Continue reading 'Cashing in on All of the Above: U.S. Fossil Fuel Production Subsidies under Obama'.
- Runaway Train: The Reckless Expansion of Crude-by-Rail in North America. Oil Change International, May 2014. This report tracks the rise of crude-by-rail in North America, detailing where crude trains are being loaded and unloaded, how many trains carrying crude oil are crossing the North American continent, and who is involved in this burgeoning trade. This report is the...
Continue reading 'Runaway Train: The Reckless Expansion of Crude-by-Rail in North America'.
- Polluting Our Democracy and Our Environment: Dirty Fuels Money in Politics Oil Change International and Sierra Club April 2014 A new report by Oil Change International and the Sierra Club, Polluting Our Democracy and Our Environment: Dirty Fuels Money in Politics, demonstrates the enormous amount of campaign finance contributions pouring into Congress by the...
Continue reading 'Polluting Our Democracy and Our Environment: Dirty Fuels Money in Politics'.
- Lifting the Ban, Cooking the Climate The Climate Impact of Lifting the Crude Oil Export Ban March 2014 The U.S. oil industry’s biggest players, including ExxonMobil and the American Petroleum Institute, are calling for an end to the U.S. ban on crude oil exports that has been in place for more than four decades since...
Continue reading 'Lifting the Ban, Cooking the Climate'.
- 'Frozen Future' warns investors of the risks to shareholder value from Royal Dutch Shell’s Alaskan Arctic drilling program.
- Our latest report released today exposes U.S. oil producers that want to export crude oil despite the fact that they still only produce barely more than 50% of U.S. oil demand. 40 years on from the Arab oil embargo and America’s oil producers have only one thing on their minds; profits. Lifting crude export restrictions...
Continue reading 'Ship, Baby, Ship! The push for U.S. crude oil exports has started. Here’s why it’s a terrible idea'.
- The World Bank’s infrastructure program in Indonesia stipulates policies and government subsidies that promote the accelerated development of over 16 GW of coal power projects in the country ahead of developing feasible renewable alternatives.
- FAIL: How the Keystone XL Tar Sands Pipeline Flunks the Climate Test The Obama administration’s decision on the proposed Keystone XL tar sands pipeline is a choice about our climate future. Tar sands are one of the most carbon polluting sources of oil on the planet, and limiting tar sands expansion is critical to fighting...
Continue reading 'FAIL: How the Keystone XL Tar Sands Pipeline Flunks the Climate Test'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2,897)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (728)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (70)
- Press Releases (33)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (34)
- Research & Opinions (30)
- Resources (18)
- Separate Oil and State (128)
- Subsidy Spotlight (4)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War