JOBS AT OCI
Oil Change International is a research, communications, and advocacy organization focused on exposing the true costs of fossil fuels and facilitating the ongoing transition to clean energy. Below are our currently open positions.
Job Posting: U.S. Team Research Analyst Contract
Oil Change International is seeking an experienced, organized, and detail-oriented Research Analyst for a contract of 15-20 hours per week. This is an initial 9-month position, with the potential for expansion of hours over time and/or renewal.
The analyst will research, write, and communicate on energy and climate in the United States, as well as on private finance of oil and gas in the U.S. and beyond. The analyst will work with OCI’s U.S. Program Director, Senior Research Analyst, and program team members to determine the most effective writing / communications pieces to support OCI’s work in the United States.
- Researching and analyzing U.S. oil and gas company activities, including infrastructure developments, production and financial plans, and lobbying and public relations efforts.
- Researching sub-sectors of the oil and gas industry with a view to developing ranking metrics and lists of companies to inform strategy for private finance campaigns.
- Writing and co-writing briefings, authoring blogs, and contributing to major reports on U.S. policy, energy, and climate issues.
- Working with OCI’s Communications team to communicate research findings and key messages.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent persuasive writing skills;
- Proven ability to write with the goal of influencing an outcome;
- Strong numerical proficiency;
- Ability to fact-check data and text;
- Strong computer and internet research skills, including experience with spreadsheets and data presentation;
- 5+ years of research experience in energy and climate or environmental issues;
- Familiarity with energy and climate politics in the United States;
- Time and project management skills, with ability to shift priorities depending on urgency;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to adapt and be flexible;
- Ability to work alone but in collaboration with others;
- Commitment to the mission of Oil Change International and passion for social justice;
- Note: Traditional and/or new media skills are a plus, but not required.
About Oil Change International:
Oil Change International is a non-profit organization that campaigns to expose the true costs of fossil fuels and facilitate the coming transition towards clean energy. We’re a small, gutsy group that wages hard-hitting campaigns grounded in solid and credible research to push the energy industry towards an environmentally and socially sustainable future. We work together with a broad network of global allies committed to identifying and overcoming political barriers to a clean energy transition and shifting the balance of power in the energy industry.
Founded in 2005, Oil Change International now has a creative, passionate, and dedicated staff of twenty across nine countries and a supporter base of hundreds of thousands. Known both for our credible, insightful research on the fossil fuel industry and our creative campaign tactics, Oil Change is a talented group that punches above its weight.
Pay Rate: $40 to $50 per hour (USD), depending on experience
Application Deadline: April 17, 2020
Reports To: U.S. Program Director
To Apply: Please email 1) a cover letter describing your interest in Oil Change International and the work described above, 2) a résumé or LinkedIn profile, and 3) a 1- to 2-page persuasive or analytical writing sample to email@example.com with the subject heading “U.S. Analyst.” The writing sample may be taken from something you have written previously.
Oil Change International values diversity, equity, and inclusivity as central to our work; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with equitable regard toward race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.