Posts in tar sands
- The oil industry's own data shows that the tar sands are on the edge of decline – but the key question is if they will take everyone else down with them.
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE June 29, 2017 CONTACT Lorne Stockman, lorne [at] priceofoil.org, +1 540 679 1097 Adam Scott, adam [at] priceofoil.org, +1 416 347 3858 Data driven reality check points to end of growth in the tar sands. A new briefing released today points to a dramatic drop-off in investment in growth in the tar...
Continue reading 'RELEASE: Data driven reality check points to end of growth in the tar sands'.
- Oil Change International June 2017 Download the PDF Briefing. The Alberta tar sands are among the world’s largest oil reserves. While investment and expected growth in the industry have been high for the last decade, new industry data paints a dramatically different picture of the sector moving forward. Key findings: Anticipated tar sands production growth is...
Continue reading 'Reality Check: The End of Growth in the Tar Sands'.
- Reading or watching videos from someone like Ezra Levant, a man who used to sell cigarettes, should come with a health warning.
- Big banks’ business as usual is killing the climate. From 2014 to 2016, big banks around the world poured $290 billion into extreme fossil fuel companies and failed to respect human rights.
- The Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers' "data" claiming a need for pipelines looks increasingly far-fetched the more one looks into it.
- CAPP’s report is a work of fiction: Its numbers are demonstrably wrong, and have apparently been made up to prop-up a struggling political argument for more pipelines.
- Canada doesn’t have its story straight on climate change – which makes it all the more important to push the country to be the real climate leader we need.
- In a hard hitting opinion piece in the Guardian today, Bill McKibben doesn’t mince words when it comes to Canada’s Prime Minister. Everyone seems to love Justin Trudeau. Charismatic, young, and rhetorically committed to a suite of progressive issues – compared to his counterpart to the south, he has a lot going for him. But,...
Continue reading 'Telling it like it is: the numbers behind Justin Trudeau’s climate failure'.
- For those fighting the KXL pipeline, there are important lessons to learn from recent events. First that Trump is defeatible. The man who has made a career of being an Alpha-male bully in business is now finding the reality of politics very different.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,608)
- Briefings (37)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (14)
- Factsheets (14)
- Featured (1,412)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Letters (2)
- Methodology (2)
- News (660)
- Newsletter (25)
- Press Releases (177)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (83)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (66)
- Separate Oil and State (143)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Supplemental Material (1)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Deepwater Horizon Donald Trump energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell subsidies tar sands US politics violence