Posts in subsidies
- A new report released today by Oil Change International exposes over $21 billion in fossil fuel production subsidies annually in the U.S. at the federal and state levels.
- A trio of progressive organizations have released a hard-hitting satirical ad, entitled “Exxon Hates America,” and are crowdfunding it to show on screens across America over the July 4th weekend.
- Today we’re releasing a new report with Earth Track that exposes some $4 billion per year in new fossil fuel subsidies which have gone unaccounted for in previous estimates.
- A new report released today exposes a largely unaccounted for subsidy to the fossil fuel industry, valued at roughly $4 billion per year and growing.
- Oil Change International applauds President Obama today for his show of leadership on climate change. By recognizing that “we can't just drill our way out of the energy and climate challenge that we face” the President has firmly put our nation’s commitment to our future and our children above the profits of the fossil fuel industry.
- Arkansas has become the latest scene of an Exxon oil spill, and the subsequent spin attempts to side-step blame. The truth tells a different story.
- Development, faith, human rights, community, and environmental groups from more than 20 countries teamed up today to ask World Bank President Jim Kim to end Bank support for all fossil fuel projects unless the projects are solely focused on directly increasing energy access for the poor.
- Here in Doha for the UN climate negotiations, we've just released new analysis that shows that fossil fuel subsidies in rich countries are, on average, five times greater than those same countries' pledges towards climate finance.
- In our second review of progress in meeting this phase out commitment we conclude that the G20 effort is currently failing.
- Sometimes all you have to do is join the dots. Let’s take three different headlines from yesterday, which are all from the Guardian newspaper in the UK. Headline number one: “’Golden age of gas’ threatens renewable energy, IEA warns” The article went on to state: “A ‘golden age of gas’ spurred by a tripling of...
Continue reading 'Subsidised “Green Gas” No Better than Coal'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2870)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (700)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (47)
- Press Releases (31)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (32)
- Research & Opinions (30)
- Resources (17)
- Separate Oil and State (128)
- Subsidy Spotlight (2)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War