Posts in subsidies
- The clean energy picture got a little bit brighter in Canada last week, after the 2017 budget started chipping away at the $1.6 billion in federal subsidies to oil and gas companies each year.
- Trump’s botched celebration of Exxon comes while the President’s team works to dismantle environmental policies and institutions that were put in place to protect communities like those along the fence-lines of refineries and manufacturing plants in the Gulf Coast.
- In his first outing as Secretary of State, former ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson may have been quiet, but the world’s climate leaders were not. Ahead of the G20 meeting of foreign ministers, hosted by Germany in Bonn, German government officials didn’t mince words: “You can’t fight climate change by putting up barbed wire,” said Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel, a not-so-thinly veiled swipe at Rex Tillerson and Donald Trump’s climate denial, and the Trump Administration’s racist immigration policies.
- Three words sum up Rex Tillerson’s performance yesterday in his confirmation hearing for Secretary of State: Unprepared. Unqualified. Unacceptable
- Today Rex Tillerson, under oath, denied the existence of fossil fuel subsidies. In fact, according to our new analysis ExxonMobil likely gets as much as $1 billion in subsidies each year.
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE January 10, 2017 Contact: Janet Redman, janet [at] priceofoil [dot] org David Turnbull, david [at] priceofoil [dot] org Study: U.S. Oil Industry Heavily Dependent on Government Handouts Almost Half of All U.S. Oil Production Subsidy Dependent Almost half of the oil production in the United States will depend on taxpayer handouts to make it...
Continue reading 'Study: U.S. Oil Industry Heavily Dependent on Government Handouts'.
- Subsidies: Propping Up Oil Profits & Polluting the Climate Oil Change International & Sierra Club January 2017 DOWNLOAD INFOGRAPHIC Almost half of all oil production expected to come online in the United States is only economic if the public props up private investments with taxpayer handouts. The other half of oil production would happen even...
Continue reading 'Infographic: Subsidies Propping Up Oil Profits & Polluting the Climate'.
- Guess who’s responsible for about half of all the oil that will be produced in the United States? You! That's according to a new study, which shows that 45 percent of US oil production depends on government handouts to make it profitable. Yes, your money is sponsoring pollution and lining the pockets of oil companies.
- Did Rick Perry help Energy Transfer Partners - one of the owners of the Dakota Access Pipeline - cheat Texas taxpayers out of $6 million, or was he just asleep at the switch? Either way, can we really trust him to be in charge of nuclear security as Energy Secretary?
- In response to the outcome of the COP22 climate negotiations in Morocco, Oil Change International released the following statements from its experts.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (1)
- Blog Posts (3,461)
- Briefings (23)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (13)
- Factsheets (12)
- Featured (1,260)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (7)
- Key Votes (5)
- Methodology (2)
- News (509)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (128)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (67)
- Research & Opinions (35)
- Resources (42)
- Separate Oil and State (142)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence