Posts in subsidies
- Today we’re releasing a new report with Earth Track that exposes some $4 billion per year in new fossil fuel subsidies which have gone unaccounted for in previous estimates.
- A new report released today exposes a largely unaccounted for subsidy to the fossil fuel industry, valued at roughly $4 billion per year and growing.
- Oil Change International applauds President Obama today for his show of leadership on climate change. By recognizing that “we can't just drill our way out of the energy and climate challenge that we face” the President has firmly put our nation’s commitment to our future and our children above the profits of the fossil fuel industry.
- Arkansas has become the latest scene of an Exxon oil spill, and the subsequent spin attempts to side-step blame. The truth tells a different story.
- Development, faith, human rights, community, and environmental groups from more than 20 countries teamed up today to ask World Bank President Jim Kim to end Bank support for all fossil fuel projects unless the projects are solely focused on directly increasing energy access for the poor.
- Here in Doha for the UN climate negotiations, we've just released new analysis that shows that fossil fuel subsidies in rich countries are, on average, five times greater than those same countries' pledges towards climate finance.
- In our second review of progress in meeting this phase out commitment we conclude that the G20 effort is currently failing.
- Sometimes all you have to do is join the dots. Let’s take three different headlines from yesterday, which are all from the Guardian newspaper in the UK. Headline number one: “’Golden age of gas’ threatens renewable energy, IEA warns” The article went on to state: “A ‘golden age of gas’ spurred by a tripling of...
Continue reading 'Subsidised “Green Gas” No Better than Coal'.
- 23 May 2012 Ahead of upcoming meetings in June of the G20 in Mexico and the United Nations Rio + 20 Summit, the pace of activity around worldwide efforts to phase out subsidy reform is quickening. Last weekend, the G8 leaders reaffirmed their commitment to phase out fossil fuel subsidies in their statement coming out...
Continue reading 'Fossil Fuel Subsidy Reform Gaining Momentum Internationally'.
- Members of Congress have taken almost $16 million from the oil, gas and coal industries so far in this 112th Congress. That puts this Congress on track to be the dirtiest ever. The information comes to light as part of the latest update of DirtyEnergyMoney.com, a project of Oil Change International which uniquely refines and...
Continue reading 'Dirty Energy Money pouring into Congress faster than ever before'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2831)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (660)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (4)
- News (16)
- Press Releases (26)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (30)
- Research & Opinions (30)
- Resources (15)
- Separate Oil and State (123)
- Subsidy Spotlight (2)
- Websites (4)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War