Posts in subsidies
- New analysis released today by Oil Change International shows that, despite repeated calls for urgent action on climate change, the World Bank Group increased funding for fossil fuels in its last fiscal year. This increase comes during the first full fiscal year following the World Bank’s announced commitment to limit coal financing due to climate concerns.
- Oil companies demanded tax breaks in UK Budget, despite their eye-watering profit levels - OCI/Plaform analysis. UPDATED with the Budget announcement
- A new analysis of leaked OECD data finds that over the last decade, export credit agency finance has played a significant role in supporting coal power generation globally.
- 2014: Oil lows and temperature highs. Scientists confirmed a couple of days ago that 2014 was the hottest year ever recorded, adding itself as one of the 14 hottest years on record, 13 of which have happened in the 21st century. If the coffin of climate change denial has space for any more nails, perhaps...
Continue reading 'Soaring temperatures and plummeting oil'.
- The UN climate talks are nearing the final hours and one of the major sticking points is finance. Well, we're here to tell governments there's plenty of money available if they look in the right place.
- Public support for fossil fuel exploration in rich countries is nearly triple the amount pledged to the Green Climate Fund.
- G20 countries are estimated to be spending $88 billion every year subsidising exploration for fossil fuels. This new report documents, for the first time, the scale and structure of fossil fuel exploration subsidies in the G20 countries.
- Despite an EU commitment to phase out fossil fuel subsidies by 2020, countries across Europe are still subsidising dirty coal boy over €10 billion a year, according to new figures released by the European Commission today.
- From the Wyoming coal mines, to the gasification plant in Penwell, to the oilfields of the Permian Basin -- this subsidy spotlight explores the human impact of government subsidies gone haywire.
- A new report released today by Oil Change International outlines billions of dollars of annual subsidies from the seven richest countries in the world to expand fossil fuel reserves, despite repeated commitments from those same countries to phase them out.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,087)
- Briefings (14)
- Data Trends (7)
- Energy Activism (7)
- Factsheets (6)
- Featured (907)
- Industry Analysis (8)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (207)
- Newsletter (15)
- Press Releases (55)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (43)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (22)
- Separate Oil and State (133)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War