Posts in subsidies
- Today, the Obama Administration released a fact sheet describing a new initiative included in the President’s upcoming budget proposal, which will include a new fee paid by oil companies along with increased investments in new transportation options. Read more for Oil Change International's response.
- If a climate test were to be applied to this bill, there’s little doubt it would fail.
- Hidden Costs: Pollution from Coal Power Financed by OECD Countries November 2015 Oil Change International and WWF DOWNLOAD REPORT OECD countries support coal-fired power plants abroad by providing preferential financing through institutions called Export Credit Agencies (ECAs). These coal-fired power plants have significant costs, in the form damages to the health of local populations from air...
Continue reading 'Hidden Costs: Pollution from Coal Power Financed by OECD Countries'.
- Next week, on November 14th, we’re raising some noise. We are demanding our leaders live up to their commitments. We’re demanding they square their climate rhetoric with action. We’re telling them to Stop Funding Fossils.
- Today – just a few months before landmark climate change negotiation in Paris – a little-known working group within the OECD met to discuss a big issue: should rich countries continue to push dirty coal technologies overseas, or should they finally set some limits on financing climate destruction? The question is an important one, as a...
Continue reading 'It’s past time for OECD countries to axe support for overseas coal and to #StopFundingFossils'.
- G20 leaders first pledged to end fossil fuel subsidies back in 2009. Almost six years later, and despite reiterating that vow each and every year, they have precious little to show for it.
- New analysis released today by Oil Change International shows that, despite repeated calls for urgent action on climate change, the World Bank Group increased funding for fossil fuels in its last fiscal year. This increase comes during the first full fiscal year following the World Bank’s announced commitment to limit coal financing due to climate concerns.
- Oil companies demanded tax breaks in UK Budget, despite their eye-watering profit levels - OCI/Plaform analysis. UPDATED with the Budget announcement
- A new analysis of leaked OECD data finds that over the last decade, export credit agency finance has played a significant role in supporting coal power generation globally.
- 2014: Oil lows and temperature highs. Scientists confirmed a couple of days ago that 2014 was the hottest year ever recorded, adding itself as one of the 14 hottest years on record, 13 of which have happened in the 21st century. If the coffin of climate change denial has space for any more nails, perhaps...
Continue reading 'Soaring temperatures and plummeting oil'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,190)
- Briefings (16)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (9)
- Factsheets (7)
- Featured (1,017)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (295)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (75)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (49)
- Research & Opinions (32)
- Resources (27)
- Separate Oil and State (137)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence