Posts in Shell
- Shell was challenged at its AGM by Indigenous activists over the tar sands and Arctic drilling
- Both BP and Shell’s cynical “reputation-cleansing” via sponsorship has once again been challenged by activists.
- The fact that a Dutch court has found Shell guilty in its home country will now set a huge precedent for further claims.
- Instead of learning the lessons of Shell's disastrous Arctic drilling campaign, the UK government is refusing to support a moratorium on Arctic drilling.
- The latest disaster is just one more in a long list for Shell in its Arctic debacle. It gives further fuel to the fire for those who argue that oil drilling in the region should be banned.
- Documents reveal that Shell's oil spill containment dome is "crushed like a beer can,” in tests.
- If the irony of Shell, a company at the forefront of exploiting the dirty tar sands, being a sponsor of a conference on climate change was lost on the delegates, it was not lost on protestors.
- On Monday morning, Shell's “Grassroots Employee Empowerment Division” emailed 71,900 employees. But that division doesn't exist.
- The advert in the weekend edition of the Financial Times is heart-warming... from Shell?
- Fracking may be causing protests from America to Europe, but in South Africa, the latest country to lift a ban on the activity, many of the locals don’t even know what the practice entails. Earlier this month, South Africa lifted a 2011 ban on shale gas exploration and fracking in its semi-arid ecologically-sensitive Karoo region,...
Continue reading 'Fracking … Its Not Actually About Sex'.