Posts in separate oil and state
- Millions of Americans may be struggling to pay routine household bills, but still US taxpayers are handing out a whopping $20 billion in fossil fuel subsidies a year. This is the major finding of a new report Dirty Energy Dominance: Dependent on Denial published by Oil Change International (OCI) today. Subsidies are where the government...
Continue reading 'Trump’s $20 Billion-a-Year Hand Out to Dirty Energy'.
- Acknowledging the obvious fact that our future cannot be fossil fueled begins the game that will only be truly won when our public policies, our laws, our governments, and our social norms fully incorporate this truth.
- The Senators who voted to confirm Rex Tillerson voted for climate denial and they will be judged by the voters for that. We will make sure the voters know. We will demand a Separation of Oil and State.
- Rex Tillerson seems determined to run US foreign policy like he ran Exxon: deny, evade, and even lie, in order to defend power and certainly without regard to any 'moral compass'.
- Subsidies: Propping Up Oil Profits & Polluting the Climate Oil Change International & Sierra Club January 2017 DOWNLOAD INFOGRAPHIC Almost half of all oil production expected to come online in the United States is only economic if the public props up private investments with taxpayer handouts. The other half of oil production would happen even...
Continue reading 'Infographic: Subsidies Propping Up Oil Profits & Polluting the Climate'.
- Guess who’s responsible for about half of all the oil that will be produced in the United States? You! That's according to a new study, which shows that 45 percent of US oil production depends on government handouts to make it profitable. Yes, your money is sponsoring pollution and lining the pockets of oil companies.
- "Our movement has real power because it is based on people, and nothing about last night changes that."
- We’ve long known that the oil and gas industry was buying politicians. The latest expose from the New York Times confirms it once again, and this time it is frackers in the lead.
- The unimaginable happened last night in Alberta, Canada’s oil patch province. After decades of conservative rule, the left leaning New Democratic Party (NDP) swept the election, winning a decisive majority government. I think I speak for most Canadians when I say that if you had suggested that this was a possibility a year ago, or even...
Continue reading 'Political price tag: fossil fuel fall out in Alberta'.
- Wonder why Keystone XL is the #1 priority for the new congress? You're not alone. The answer is money. Read our in-depth analysis.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,610)
- Briefings (37)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (14)
- Factsheets (14)
- Featured (1,414)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Letters (2)
- Methodology (2)
- News (662)
- Newsletter (25)
- Press Releases (177)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (83)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (66)
- Separate Oil and State (143)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Supplemental Material (1)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Deepwater Horizon Donald Trump energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell subsidies tar sands US politics violence