Posts in separate oil and state
- The Senators who voted to confirm Rex Tillerson voted for climate denial and they will be judged by the voters for that. We will make sure the voters know. We will demand a Separation of Oil and State.
- Rex Tillerson seems determined to run US foreign policy like he ran Exxon: deny, evade, and even lie, in order to defend power and certainly without regard to any 'moral compass'.
- Subsidies: Propping Up Oil Profits & Polluting the Climate Oil Change International & Sierra Club January 2017 DOWNLOAD INFOGRAPHIC Almost half of all oil production expected to come online in the United States is only economic if the public props up private investments with taxpayer handouts. The other half of oil production would happen even...
Continue reading 'Infographic: Subsidies Propping Up Oil Profits & Polluting the Climate'.
- Guess who’s responsible for about half of all the oil that will be produced in the United States? You! That's according to a new study, which shows that 45 percent of US oil production depends on government handouts to make it profitable. Yes, your money is sponsoring pollution and lining the pockets of oil companies.
- "Our movement has real power because it is based on people, and nothing about last night changes that."
- We’ve long known that the oil and gas industry was buying politicians. The latest expose from the New York Times confirms it once again, and this time it is frackers in the lead.
- The unimaginable happened last night in Alberta, Canada’s oil patch province. After decades of conservative rule, the left leaning New Democratic Party (NDP) swept the election, winning a decisive majority government. I think I speak for most Canadians when I say that if you had suggested that this was a possibility a year ago, or even...
Continue reading 'Political price tag: fossil fuel fall out in Alberta'.
- Wonder why Keystone XL is the #1 priority for the new congress? You're not alone. The answer is money. Read our in-depth analysis.
- Public support for fossil fuel exploration in rich countries is nearly triple the amount pledged to the Green Climate Fund.
- G20 countries are estimated to be spending $88 billion every year subsidising exploration for fossil fuels. This new report documents, for the first time, the scale and structure of fossil fuel exploration subsidies in the G20 countries.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (1)
- Blog Posts (3,486)
- Briefings (27)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (13)
- Factsheets (12)
- Featured (1,284)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Methodology (2)
- News (535)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (137)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (71)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (47)
- Separate Oil and State (142)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence