Posts in Renewables
- The electric vehicle revolution is happening - and may account for 25 per cent of the global vehicle fleet by 2040.
- As the renewable revolution gathers a pace, the oil industry has launched yet another PR offensive trying to rebrand fossil fuels as sustainable.
- The man who famously rebranded BP as “Beyond Petroleum” has re-entered the debate over climate and oil by warning that oil companies face bankruptcy if they do not address the risks of global warming.
- The Energy Information Administration should help, not hinder, policymaking on the energy transition - a critique of the International Energy Outlook 2016
- Last week, the British Prime Minster, David Cameron, flew to Aberdeen, the oil capital of the UK to announce £250 million emergency funding to “prop up the North Sea oil industry”; which is reeling badly from the low oil price.
- What has become clear over the last few weeks is that the UK government is determined to decimate the UK’s fledgling solar industry, no matter the cost to jobs, families and the environment. And this is from a political party, the Conservatives, which normally prides itself on being pro-business.
- Would you take it seriously if tobacco companies announced that smoking trends weren’t expected to change much over the next 30 years? And imagine then, that this is what governments used to make tobacco policy: “Forecasts show that people aren’t going to quit smoking, steady rates of smoking around the world are inevitable, so all anti-smoking policies will assume not much is going to change.”
- Stealth lobby group ALEC is teaming up with our old-friends, the climate denial-machine, the Heartland Institute to write laws that repeal state-level renewable energy targets.
- Development Banks Still Financing Dirty Energy New Database Reveals $40 Billion in Fossil Fuel Funding Over Last Four Years Nov. 30, 2011, Durban, South Africa – Major multilateral development banks have provided financing of over $40 billion to fossil-fuel energy development since 2008, according to the new Shift the Subsidies database (http://shiftthesubsidies.org), launched today by...
Continue reading 'Shift the Subsidies Database Reveals $40 Billion in Fossil Fuel Funding Over Last Four Years'.
- Tuesday, June 7, 2011 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Elizabeth Bast, Oil Change International, 202-641-7203, email@example.com Patricia Brooks, ActionAid USA, 202-351-1757 Report Finds World Bank’s Energy Lending Fails to Target the Poorest, Calls for Decentralized Clean Energy to Achieve Development Goals WASHINGTON, D.C. – New research released today by Oil Change International, ActionAid International and Vasudha...
Continue reading 'Report Finds World Bank’s Energy Lending Fails to Target the Poorest'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,404)
- Briefings (21)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (13)
- Factsheets (12)
- Featured (1,206)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (7)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (460)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (118)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (63)
- Research & Opinions (35)
- Resources (40)
- Separate Oil and State (140)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence