Posts in Renewables
- Stealth lobby group ALEC is teaming up with our old-friends, the climate denial-machine, the Heartland Institute to write laws that repeal state-level renewable energy targets.
- Development Banks Still Financing Dirty Energy New Database Reveals $40 Billion in Fossil Fuel Funding Over Last Four Years Nov. 30, 2011, Durban, South Africa – Major multilateral development banks have provided financing of over $40 billion to fossil-fuel energy development since 2008, according to the new Shift the Subsidies database (http://shiftthesubsidies.org), launched today by...
Continue reading 'Shift the Subsidies Database Reveals $40 Billion in Fossil Fuel Funding Over Last Four Years'.
- Tuesday, June 7, 2011 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Elizabeth Bast, Oil Change International, 202-641-7203, firstname.lastname@example.org Patricia Brooks, ActionAid USA, 202-351-1757 Report Finds World Bank’s Energy Lending Fails to Target the Poorest, Calls for Decentralized Clean Energy to Achieve Development Goals WASHINGTON, D.C. – New research released today by Oil Change International, ActionAid International and Vasudha...
Continue reading 'Report Finds World Bank’s Energy Lending Fails to Target the Poorest'.
- For the past year, the World Bank has been reviewing its strategy for energy lending. Responding to years of critiques and complaints from communities, activists, the Bank has taken a year to confirm what development advocates have been saying for quite a while: ensuring energy access for the poor is a critical step in alleviating...
Continue reading 'A Pro-Poor, Pro-Climate Energy Strategy'.
- In the aftermath of the Fukushima nuclear disaster in Japan many commentators, including some leading environmentalists argued that despite the inherent risks of nuclear power, it was still a necessary evil in the battle about climate change. They joined other pro-nuclear voices that have been growing steadily over the last few years in arguing that...
Continue reading 'Who Needs Oil or Nukes Anyway?'.
- Three years ago during the last oil price hike when oil reached $150 a barrel, there were repeated calls for a concerted effort for the international community to finally wean itself off its chronic oil addiction. There were repeated calls that the combined financial crisis and energy crunch was a prefect reason to kick-start the...
Continue reading 'UK Gov: its “crazy” not to prepare a low-carbon future'.
- It’s time to shift international energy investments to support energy services that are clean, reliable, and sustainable, and honestly provide energy access for the poorest. You can help. The World Bank – an influential development bank that runs on taxpayer money – is currently updating its Energy Strategy that will guide its investments for the...
Continue reading 'Join the International Call: World Bank, Free Us from Fossil Fuels'.
- The knives are out. Well its more more like they are wielding axes or even chainsaws, as they pick up the pace in their attack on Obama’s budget proposals. Late last week, the House Appropriations Committee released a partial list of where it’s wants to find nearly $75 billion in cuts in federal spending cuts....
Continue reading 'Republicans Wield the Knife'.
- With only a few days to go in the UN climate talks in Cancún, many questions remain on the outcomes, including on one of the most important issues currently on the table – climate finance. Finance in the context of the climate talks refers to funding for developing countries to address climate needs – financing...
Continue reading 'Global Climate Fund In, World Bank Out'.
- So its not only Obama’s war machine that is going green. So is the White House. In recent days some in the press have compared Obama to Jimmy Carter, saying their presidencies are similar in the way they failed to live up to expectations. But there is another way that Obama is replicating Carter –...
Continue reading 'Now Obama Turns the White House Green'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,015)
- Briefings (10)
- Data Trends (2)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (838)
- Industry Analysis (1)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (151)
- Newsletter (3)
- Press Releases (44)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (38)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (18)
- Separate Oil and State (133)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War