Posts in Public Relations
- Canada’s monitoring of the dirty tar sands is clearly failing the local communities, despite attempts by the region's politicians to spin it otherwise.
- YouTube’s reputation as a bastion of internet freedom has taken a battering over the last few days as it has twice censored anti-oil videos.
- One of Canada’s most senior politicians is back in Europe on yet another lobby tour to try and bully politicians there to ditch their landmark climate legislation as it discriminates against the dirty tar sands.
- Has RBS stopped financing the tar sands?
- Stealth lobby group ALEC is teaming up with our old-friends, the climate denial-machine, the Heartland Institute to write laws that repeal state-level renewable energy targets.
- So great is the fracking boom in the US that it has created a “world of infinite gas” according to Tony Hayward, the disgraced ex-boss of BP.
- The advert in the weekend edition of the Financial Times is heart-warming... from Shell?
- Patrick Daniel knows he is in trouble. The CEO of Enbridge, the company that wants to build the controversial Northern Gateway pipeline from Alberta to British Colombia to export the dirty tar sands, admits that his opponents have “seized control of the debate”. And he is left playing catch up, trying belatedly to spin a...
Continue reading '“We’re facing a very strong, almost revolutionary movement”'.
- Poor old Shell. Last week it was humiliated in a spoof action by Greenpeace and the Yes Men. This week its corporate reputation takes a battering in a report by the Alaska Wilderness League. The 51 page report, published as Shell gears up to start drilling in the Arctic, makes devastating reading. It concludes that...
Continue reading 'Shell’s History of “Corporate Malfeasance”'.
- Maybe in retrospect Shell should not have injuncted Greenpeace for disrupting its drilling rigs heading for the Arctic. For all it has done has made its opponents more creative in the way they will campaign against the oil giant. Late last week, there was widespread confusion across the American media, the internet, including Facebook and...
Continue reading 'Shell Spoof Goes Global'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2,926)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (757)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (88)
- Press Releases (35)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (36)
- Research & Opinions (30)
- Resources (18)
- Separate Oil and State (128)
- Subsidy Spotlight (5)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War