Posts in Politics
- The State of California is fast becoming the front line in America’s fracking wars.
- On both sides of the Atlantic, politicians are intricately linked to the oil industry.
- Representatives that signed the latest pro-Keystone XL letter received roughly 250% more money from oil and gas interests compared to those Representatives who did not sign the letter.
- In the ongoing saga that is the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline, it’s clear that supporters of the dangerous project are getting anxious. Perhaps they’re seeing the writing on the wall that this project is nowhere near a sure thing, thanks to the massive resistance to the pipeline, the scientists throwing their weight in opposition...
Continue reading 'Pro-Keystone XL Letter Dripping in Fossil Fuel Money'.
- As the world watches with baited breath as to who will become the next President of the US, there are increasingly calls that whoever wins the election must radically tackle climate change. Whilst this election has been widely criticised for its climate silence, Hurricane Sandy may have just been a game changer in the political...
Continue reading 'The Next President Must Act on Climate'.
- If there's a statistical correlation between dirty oil and dirty politics, we have yet to quantify it – but here's another story for the pile of anecdotal evidence.
- It’s pretty safe to assume one or both of the candidates will bring up energy issues in some predictable ways.
- Hundreds of governments and thousands of stakeholders will meet at the Rio+20 Conference in Brazil this month to chart a future for the health of the planet, our human family and economies worldwide. The question is whether that future will include continuing public fossil fuel subsidies, which could climb to a staggering US$775 billion to an estimated US$1 trillion...
Continue reading 'Call on Governments to End Fossil Fuel Subsidies'.
- The president presented some encouraging words at Georgetown University today when he spoke about the urgent need to address America’s energy security. As he so often does, he correctly identified the problem the nation faces in continuing to rely on dirty forms of energy that pollute and cause climate change and particularly on oil, the...
Continue reading 'Obama and energy security: another missed opportunity'.
- As people still digest the new political landscape in Washington, there is no doubt that the oil and gas industry lobbyists will be salivating at the prospect of dealing with some of their old friends, who will soon be in important positions. To give you just one example: The prospect of Joe Barton becoming the...
Continue reading 'Compromise Can Be Dirty'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,124)
- Briefings (15)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (7)
- Factsheets (6)
- Featured (946)
- Industry Analysis (15)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (241)
- Newsletter (22)
- Press Releases (64)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (46)
- Research & Opinions (32)
- Resources (24)
- Separate Oil and State (135)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War