Posts in Politics
- Despite the cynical and reactionary McCutcheon v. FEC Supreme Court decision, we'll keep our faith in the only force that has consistently rallied against greed throughout our nation's history - the American people.
- A game of political musical chairs has set off a transition that will hand Big Oil the keys to the influential Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources. What's worse, the whole thing could have been avoided.
- Leading scientists and American politicians are worried that the the US is trying to undermine the EU's landmark Fuel Quality Directive
- There is widespread outrage in the UK this morning at the proposed “Lobbying Bill” that is being debated today in the House of Commons in London.
- As protests against fracking in the UK continue, the Netherlands is the latest European country to signal that it is set to press ahead with the controversial technique.
- The State of California is fast becoming the front line in America’s fracking wars.
- On both sides of the Atlantic, politicians are intricately linked to the oil industry.
- Representatives that signed the latest pro-Keystone XL letter received roughly 250% more money from oil and gas interests compared to those Representatives who did not sign the letter.
- In the ongoing saga that is the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline, it’s clear that supporters of the dangerous project are getting anxious. Perhaps they’re seeing the writing on the wall that this project is nowhere near a sure thing, thanks to the massive resistance to the pipeline, the scientists throwing their weight in opposition...
Continue reading 'Pro-Keystone XL Letter Dripping in Fossil Fuel Money'.
- As the world watches with baited breath as to who will become the next President of the US, there are increasingly calls that whoever wins the election must radically tackle climate change. Whilst this election has been widely criticised for its climate silence, Hurricane Sandy may have just been a game changer in the political...
Continue reading 'The Next President Must Act on Climate'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2831)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (660)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (4)
- News (16)
- Press Releases (26)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (30)
- Research & Opinions (30)
- Resources (15)
- Separate Oil and State (123)
- Subsidy Spotlight (2)
- Websites (4)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War