Posts in pipelines
- You may have seen the latest effort to push an All of the Above energy to a younger generation, this time by the GOP (but of course, they’re not the first to do so…ahem, President Obama…). Well, we have our own version we’d like to share with you that we think tells a more accurate...
Continue reading 'New video: All of the Above is climate denial'.
- Mika Minio-Paluello, Anna Galkina and James Marriott are travelling in North America as part of a tour over September and October to promote The Oil Road – Journeys from the Caspian to the City of London. This is the second of a series of blogs on the journey.
- TransCanada has no plans to use cutting edge anti-pollution technology on the KXL, despite 12 spills on the Southern leg of the pipeline.
- In the raging Keystone XL debate in the US, there is an ongoing discussion as to whether it is better and safer to transport oil by rail or road. The State Department has argued that if the KXL pipeline does not go ahead, it will not stop the tar sands from being developed, as the...
Continue reading 'Two Spills in Two Days'.
- First nations in British Colombia use the 24th Anniversary of the Exxon Valdez spill to warn against tar sands and shipping oil via tankers.
- Human rights campaigners are warning that further ethnic cleansing in Burma, which is being exacerbated by land clearances due the Shwe Oil Gas pipeline, could be imminent.
- Patrick Daniel knows he is in trouble. The CEO of Enbridge, the company that wants to build the controversial Northern Gateway pipeline from Alberta to British Colombia to export the dirty tar sands, admits that his opponents have “seized control of the debate”. And he is left playing catch up, trying belatedly to spin a...
Continue reading '“We’re facing a very strong, almost revolutionary movement”'.
- This briefing finds that the transport of tar sands oil through pipelines in the United States is exempt from payments into the Oil Spill Liability Trust Fund, which creates a free ride worth over $375 million to tar sands oil producers between 2010 and 2017.
- One thing is certain: pipelines have become a political hot potato. Over the next few months the debate about Keystone XL will surely dog the Presidential debate like a bad penny. But as the furore over Keystone has grown it is easy to forget about the state of other pipelines in the US and how...
Continue reading 'US Pipeline Regulations “Inadequate”'.
- And so the fight over the Keystone XL pipeline goes on. TransCanada plans to refile its application with the U.S. government in the next few weeks, according to Alex Pourbaix, the company’s president of oil and pipelines. The new alternative pipeline route will avoid the ecologically sensitive Sandhills and the Ogallala Aquifer, a crucial water...
Continue reading 'New KXL Route “Within Weeks”'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2827)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (656)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (4)
- News (14)
- Press Releases (26)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (29)
- Research & Opinions (30)
- Resources (14)
- Separate Oil and State (123)
- Subsidy Spotlight (2)
- Websites (4)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War