Posts in pipel;ine
- The Senate has voted to approve Keystone XL, and has chosen to once again side with Big Oil's money over our climate and our future.
- Despite the industry’s multi-million dollar effort to distort the facts, the truth remains that Keystone XL would promote the increased production of the dirtiest oil on the planet
- Creation of the world's largest crop art image, the size of 70 football fields, depicting a #nokxl message to Pres. Obama to reject Keystone XL and protect our land, water and climate. The event will kick-off the week-long series of actions (April 22-27) called Reject and Protect planned for Washington, DC.
- TransCanada's latest letter to the State Department regarding Keystone XL is riddled with inaccuracies, out-of-date analysis, and distortions that have been proven wrong time and again.
- In todays House Keystone XL vote, those in support took in a combined $56 million from fossil fuel interests, $36 million from oil industry interests alone.
- Regular readers of this blog will not be surprised to hear that the GOP-led Natural Resources committee of the House of Representatives followed the Energy and Commerce Committee’s lead in voting to advance a bill designed to circumvent normal process and force approval of the Keystone XL pipeline. Even more astute readers will also not...
Continue reading 'Natural Resources Committee votes for Big Oil'.
- Pro-KXL representatives in the House Energy and Commerce Committee's pro-KeystoneXL vote today have received more than 6 times more in campaign contributions from Big Oil than those that voted against it.
- Our concerns with the impact statement for the Keystone XL pipeline released today are extensive and only serve to further strengthen the clear need for Secretary Kerry and President Obama to reject this proposed pipeline project. This month’s largest-ever Forward on Climate rally and other events make it clear that there is a large and growing movement that will support them should they choose to reject this dirty pipeline. Over the next 45 days, we are confident Americans will make this abundantly clear to the Administration.
- In the ongoing saga that is the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline, it’s clear that supporters of the dangerous project are getting anxious. Perhaps they’re seeing the writing on the wall that this project is nowhere near a sure thing, thanks to the massive resistance to the pipeline, the scientists throwing their weight in opposition...
Continue reading 'Pro-Keystone XL Letter Dripping in Fossil Fuel Money'.
- Once again it is the many versus the money. Starting at noon yesterday, a coalition of thirty or so environmental organisations, including Oil Change International (OCI) and 350.org set out to gather at least 500,000 signatures with 24 hours to stop the controversial Keystone XL pipeline. The initiative came as a response to moves within...
Continue reading 'Over 600,000 Say No to KXL'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,001)
- Briefings (10)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (825)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (143)
- Press Releases (44)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (38)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (18)
- Separate Oil and State (133)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War