Posts in Oil
- In the past three years, the North American and European commercial and investment banking sector has engaged in fossil fuel financing practices that are deeply at odds with the global climate agreement reached at COP 21 last December.
- With the climate crisis advancing at an ever-quickening pace, an immediate step toward the solution should be to stop funding fossils. This bill helps to do just that.
- That the White House was forced to officially respond to this petition is yet another indication of the growing power of the Keep It In The Ground movement.
- As energy wonks across the country gear up for the release of the Energy Information Administration’s (EIA) International Energy Outlook (IEO), we here at Oil Change International wanted to be sure everyone is on the same page as we read over the EIA’s analysis. Most importantly, when it comes to the words “outlook” or “forecast”...
Continue reading 'Upcoming EIA Energy Outlook: Not a Forecast'.
- Today’s energy bill passed by the Senate shows what millions of dollars in campaign contributions can buy for the fossil fuel industry.
- The recently released draft five-year plan for offshore oil and gas drilling is predicated on a failure to act on stated climate policy according to a new briefing note released by Oil Change International and Greenpeace USA today.
- Government assumes U.S. will fail climate goals in its 5-year offshore drilling proposal Oil Change International, Greenpeace USA April 2016 DOWNLOAD BRIEFING The recently released draft five-year plan for offshore oil and gas drilling is predicated on a failure to act on stated climate policy according to a new briefing note released by Oil Change International...
Continue reading 'Briefing: BOEM 5 Year Offshore Drilling Plan and the Climate'.
- A petition calling for an end to fossil fuel leasing on public lands and waters has garnered more than 100,000 signatures on the White House’s “We the People” online platform, surpassing the threshold necessary to trigger an official response from the White House.
- Today’s budget missed the opportunity to make meaningful cuts to wasteful handouts to some of the wealthiest, most polluting fossil fuel companies on the planet.
- Just last year, Canada’s Liberal Party campaigned on a promise to start winding down subsidies to fossil fuel producers. Now that they’ve been elected on that platform, Justin Trudeau’s government faces its first real test on fossil fuel subsidies in the 2016 budget that will be released next week. You can call on the government to...
Continue reading 'Ending Canada’s billions in fossil fuel subsidies'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,286)
- Briefings (18)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (12)
- Factsheets (9)
- Featured (1,097)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (369)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (92)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (58)
- Research & Opinions (32)
- Resources (31)
- Separate Oil and State (138)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence