Posts in Oil
- Despite receiving approval from the Obama Administration to drill in the Arctic, Shell's ambitions have been thrown into question by everyday people no longer standing idle while Big Oil tramples over local officials, ignores scientists, and propels our planet further towards the climate cliff.
- We all know a picture speaks a thousand words, but sometimes a video says even more. If you’re looking for one clip that shows a bit of the craziness of an energy policy pushing bomb trains, arctic drilling, and unchecked oil production all over our country while communities remain at risk and our climate continues to...
Continue reading 'What’s wrong with our energy policy in one short video'.
- Today's decision to rubber stamp Shell’s 2015 Arctic Exploration Plan is yet another example of the dangerous disconnect between our climate imperatives and the Obama administration's energy policy.
- If Oil Companies Get Their Way, 18 Environmental, Native Rights Groups Warn of 75-percent chance of ‘Major’ Oil Spill, 100-percent Chance of ‘Climate Disruption’.
- As we mark 5 years since the start of the BP Gulf oil disaster, we stand with Gulf South Rising and all those resisting the industry. The Seas are Rising and So Are We.
- Shell is currently moving its drilling rigs to Seattle in anticipation of resuming its US offshore Arctic drilling programme in July. However, it is far from clear that Shell has adequate physical or financial plans to deal with the impacts of a major oil spill in this remote region.
- Being the generous souls that we are, we thought we’d save the industry a few million dollars and create a website that can generate their requisite KXL talking points for them! We are proud to introduce: BigOilTalkingPoints.com!
- Today’s failed vote is just another example of a corrupt Congress trying to please its Big Oil Benefactors. Nothing more, nothing less. Keystone XL backers continue to trot out the same tired talking points spoon-fed to them by the industry. Meanwhile the facts remain the same: Keystone XL fails the climate test and should be rejected.
- The EPA's comments point to the fact that at current oil prices the pipeline would certainly trigger additional production in the tar sands, and thus significant additional emissions. Thus Keystone XL clearly fails the President’s climate test...
- Yesterday, after a failure in new contract negotiations initiated this month by a group of major oil companies, the United Steelworkers announced a work stoppage at nine refineries, the largest refinery strike in nearly 35 years.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,048)
- Briefings (11)
- Data Trends (6)
- Energy Activism (7)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (871)
- Industry Analysis (3)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (177)
- Newsletter (9)
- Press Releases (52)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (39)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (19)
- Separate Oil and State (133)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War