Posts in Oil
- The embedded carbon emissions from the oil, gas, and coal in currently operating fields and mines, if they run to the end of their projected lifetimes, will take us just beyond the Paris Agreement’s 2C warming limit, and even further from the goal of 1.5C, a new study has found.
- A new study released by Oil Change International, in partnership with 14 organizations from around the world, scientifically grounds the growing movement to keep carbon in the ground by revealing the need to stop all new fossil fuel infrastructure and industry expansion.
- Standard Oil has long since been broken up yet the subsidy designed to do so has only grown over its 100-year lifespan in terms of total value to the industry.
- Today was supposed to be the official launch of the Energy Information Administration’s (EIA) Annual Energy Outlook (AEO). Just a few hours ago the EIA's site stated that it would be released today, but apparently among the things that EIA can't predict is the launch date for it's big annual report. When it is published, now supposedly at the "end of July", this report should contain the kind of hard data that energy regulators and investors desperately need to gain an accurate picture of energy in the United States today, and for the next 50 years. Except it won’t.
- Today’s ruling is an important step, but the work continues to stop spending taxpayer dollars to prop up dirty industries. It’s time we stop funding fossils.
- In the past three years, the North American and European commercial and investment banking sector has engaged in fossil fuel financing practices that are deeply at odds with the global climate agreement reached at COP 21 last December.
- With the climate crisis advancing at an ever-quickening pace, an immediate step toward the solution should be to stop funding fossils. This bill helps to do just that.
- That the White House was forced to officially respond to this petition is yet another indication of the growing power of the Keep It In The Ground movement.
- As energy wonks across the country gear up for the release of the Energy Information Administration’s (EIA) International Energy Outlook (IEO), we here at Oil Change International wanted to be sure everyone is on the same page as we read over the EIA’s analysis. Most importantly, when it comes to the words “outlook” or “forecast”...
Continue reading 'Upcoming EIA Energy Outlook: Not a Forecast'.
- Today’s energy bill passed by the Senate shows what millions of dollars in campaign contributions can buy for the fossil fuel industry.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,339)
- Briefings (19)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (13)
- Factsheets (10)
- Featured (1,148)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (401)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (101)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (60)
- Research & Opinions (32)
- Resources (34)
- Separate Oil and State (138)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence