Posts in Oil
- The President’s decision today to give final approval for Shell to drill in the Arctic this summer is another stark reminder of the catastrophic disconnect between the nation's energy policy and our climate imperatives.
- Our new report today details a clear case against drilling for oil in the Arctic ocean based on climate science imperatives. The report shows U.S. Arctic offshore oil should be deemed an “untouchable” fossil fuel reserve by any reasonable measure.
- The Obama Administration should put Shell out of its misery. They have wasted billions on the hunt for unburnable carbon and wreaked havoc on everything they come in contact with in their Arctic exploits.
- Today we’re releasing a new briefing, entitled “Lift the Ban, Cook the Climate: Why Eliminating the Crude Export Ban Fails the Climate Test,” detailing why Congress and the President should stand up to current efforts by the oil industry to eliminate the ban on crude oil exports.
- New analysis from Oil Change International has found that over 1.6 million barrels per day of planned expansion in tar sands production is currently delayed or on hold as industry struggles to identify a profitable path forward for 39 projects.
- Today, President Obama took to his new twitter account to answer some questions on his administration’s response to climate change. A noble effort to engage the public on an issue of paramount importance, to be sure. Unfortunately, though, in an exchange regarding Arctic drilling, the President showed he simply doesn’t get it yet. Here’s the question...
Continue reading 'Obama’s twitter response on arctic drilling = #FAIL'.
- Despite receiving approval from the Obama Administration to drill in the Arctic, Shell's ambitions have been thrown into question by everyday people no longer standing idle while Big Oil tramples over local officials, ignores scientists, and propels our planet further towards the climate cliff.
- We all know a picture speaks a thousand words, but sometimes a video says even more. If you’re looking for one clip that shows a bit of the craziness of an energy policy pushing bomb trains, arctic drilling, and unchecked oil production all over our country while communities remain at risk and our climate continues to...
Continue reading 'What’s wrong with our energy policy in one short video'.
- Today's decision to rubber stamp Shell’s 2015 Arctic Exploration Plan is yet another example of the dangerous disconnect between our climate imperatives and the Obama administration's energy policy.
- If Oil Companies Get Their Way, 18 Environmental, Native Rights Groups Warn of 75-percent chance of ‘Major’ Oil Spill, 100-percent Chance of ‘Climate Disruption’.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,099)
- Briefings (14)
- Data Trends (7)
- Energy Activism (7)
- Factsheets (6)
- Featured (919)
- Industry Analysis (11)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (217)
- Newsletter (18)
- Press Releases (57)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (44)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (23)
- Separate Oil and State (133)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War