Posts in Oil
- From tar sands refinery subsidies in Whiting, Indiana and cash-strapped Detroit to petcoke covering the neighborhoods of Southeast Chicago, this subsidy spotlight explores the human impact of government subsidies gone haywire.
- From the Wyoming coal mines, to the gasification plant in Penwell, to the oilfields of the Permian Basin -- this subsidy spotlight explores the human impact of government subsidies gone haywire.
- A new report released today by Oil Change International outlines billions of dollars of annual subsidies from the seven richest countries in the world to expand fossil fuel reserves, despite repeated commitments from those same countries to phase them out.
- A trio of progressive organizations have released a hard-hitting satirical ad, entitled “Exxon Hates America,” and are crowdfunding it to show on screens across America over the July 4th weekend.
- Today Oil Change International released the first major exposé of the burgeoning crude-by-rail industry in North America, detailing where crude trains are being loaded and unloaded, how many oil trains are crossing the North American continent, and what companies are involved.
- Senators cosponsoring the pro-Keystone XL bill introduced today have received roughly 5 times more in oil industry cash than those who remained off the bill.
- The State Department announced a delay in their Keystone XL review process today, as they wade through 2.5 million public comments, as well as work to get a handle on the fact that thanks to a Nebraska Supreme Court ruling, there is currently no legal route through Nebraska. This announcement is a good thing, from...
Continue reading 'Keystone XL announcement met with predictable oily response'.
- World Bank Group finance for projects that included fossil fuel exploration was highest in FY2013, at nearly $1 billion out of $2.7 billion total for fossil fuel projects in 2013.
- World Bank Group finance for fossil fuel exploration projects from FY2008 to 2013 was highest in 2013, at nearly $1 billion out of $2.7 billion total for fossil fuel projects.
- You may have seen the latest effort to push an All of the Above energy to a younger generation, this time by the GOP (but of course, they’re not the first to do so…ahem, President Obama…). Well, we have our own version we’d like to share with you that we think tells a more accurate...
Continue reading 'New video: All of the Above is climate denial'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2,941)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (772)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (100)
- Press Releases (35)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (37)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (18)
- Separate Oil and State (129)
- Subsidy Spotlight (5)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War