Posts in Oil
- The State Department announced a delay in their Keystone XL review process today, as they wade through 2.5 million public comments, as well as work to get a handle on the fact that thanks to a Nebraska Supreme Court ruling, there is currently no legal route through Nebraska. This announcement is a good thing, from...
Continue reading 'Keystone XL announcement met with predictable oily response'.
- World Bank Group finance for projects that included fossil fuel exploration was highest in FY2013, at nearly $1 billion out of $2.7 billion total for fossil fuel projects in 2013.
- World Bank Group finance for fossil fuel exploration projects from FY2008 to 2013 was highest in 2013, at nearly $1 billion out of $2.7 billion total for fossil fuel projects.
- You may have seen the latest effort to push an All of the Above energy to a younger generation, this time by the GOP (but of course, they’re not the first to do so…ahem, President Obama…). Well, we have our own version we’d like to share with you that we think tells a more accurate...
Continue reading 'New video: All of the Above is climate denial'.
- Thousands of Californians rallied in Sacramento on March 15th, calling for Governor Jerry Brown to stop fracking in the state…and the media turned out in force as well. Below is a brief roundup of some of our favorite reports on Don’t Frack California from traditional, new, and social media. (Note: this post will be updated...
Continue reading 'Don’t Frack California media roundup'.
- An in-depth analysis released earlier this week by the Carbon Tracker Initiative suggests that the authors of the State Department’s Final Supplementary Environmental Impact Statement (FSEIS) for the Keystone XL pipeline even more severely underestimate the climate impact of the pipeline than initial criticisms suggest.
- California Governor Jerry Brown is taking a hit today for his penchant for fracking and dirty energy donations with a new satirical online video launched by Oil Change International (OCI) and Heavy Crude Video. The video is the latest escalation of the Big Oil Brown campaign effort sponsored by OCI, pushing for a ban on fracking for oil and gas in the state.
- A new video parody, entitled “Frack Water”, portrays a Jerry Brown look-alike outside a southern California oil field accompanied by a California oil industry representative. It's the latest escalation in Oil Change International's "Big Oil Brown" campaign, pushing the governor to impose a ban on fracking for oil and gas in California.
- 'Frozen Future' warns investors of the risks to shareholder value from Royal Dutch Shell’s Alaskan Arctic drilling program.
- Lifting the crude oil export ban is an idea only the oil companies and their paid Representatives in Washington could love. Exporting US crude oil will immediately raise the price of oil in North America, raise profits for Big Oil, and thus increase dangerous drilling in our backyards and on our public lands. More drilling means more climate change, more pipeline spills, more rail car explosions, and more poisoned land and water.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2827)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (656)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (4)
- News (14)
- Press Releases (26)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (29)
- Research & Opinions (30)
- Resources (14)
- Separate Oil and State (123)
- Subsidy Spotlight (2)
- Websites (4)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War