Posts in oil spills
- As the fourth anniversary of BP’s devastating Deepwater Horizon spill nears, new research reveals that many species of wildlife are still struggling to recover.
- An analysis of oil spilled in the transportation process by Oil Change International using data from the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration Office reveals that the number of spills from crude by rail increased by almost 10 times from 2008-2013.
- Today is the 25th Anniversary of the Exxon Valdez disaster and although a quarter of a century has passed since the disaster, its effects are still being felt today.
- Yesterday was the eighteen anniversary of the murder of Ken Saro-Wiwa. The charismatic, pipe-smoking activist was murdered by the brutal military junta for his campaign against Shell in the Niger Delta.
- Oil and gas inspectors are said to be "completely overwhelmed" by the size and scale of the destruction caused by the floods in Colorado.
- Yesterday the American Journal of Medicine published a new scientific study which found that the clean up workers from BP's Deepwater Horizon disaster are at risk of developing cancer, leukaemia and a host of other illnesses.
- TransCanada has no plans to use cutting edge anti-pollution technology on the KXL, despite 12 spills on the Southern leg of the pipeline.
- The government of British Colombia has officially expressed its opposition to Enbridge’s controversial $6 billion Northern Gateway pipeline project, saying it fails to address the province's environmental concerns.
- In the raging Keystone XL debate in the US, there is an ongoing discussion as to whether it is better and safer to transport oil by rail or road. The State Department has argued that if the KXL pipeline does not go ahead, it will not stop the tar sands from being developed, as the...
Continue reading 'Two Spills in Two Days'.
- Documents reveal that Shell's oil spill containment dome is "crushed like a beer can,” in tests.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2831)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (660)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (4)
- News (16)
- Press Releases (26)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (30)
- Research & Opinions (30)
- Resources (15)
- Separate Oil and State (123)
- Subsidy Spotlight (2)
- Websites (4)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War