Posts in Northern Gateway
- First nations in British Colombia use the 24th Anniversary of the Exxon Valdez spill to warn against tar sands and shipping oil via tankers.
- These are not the words of a President talking about our addiction to oil, but an eleven year old fighting for our future. Obama’s second term inauguration speech yesterday made global headlines. But an eleven year old’s warning against the Northern Gateway pipeline in Canada is equally poignant and important.
- Over 3,000 people braved the rain and cold to protest against the Northern Gateway, which is planned to take the dirty tar sands from Alberta through the forests of British Columbia to the west coast of Canada.
- Analysts are starting to question the tar sands industry's "wildly optimistic" growth plans and some projects are slowing down. Here's why.
- Patrick Daniel knows he is in trouble. The CEO of Enbridge, the company that wants to build the controversial Northern Gateway pipeline from Alberta to British Colombia to export the dirty tar sands, admits that his opponents have “seized control of the debate”. And he is left playing catch up, trying belatedly to spin a...
Continue reading '“We’re facing a very strong, almost revolutionary movement”'.
- Since the beginning of the year there has been a concerted campaign by the oil industry and Canadian government to convince people that the debate over the Northern Gateway project will be hijacked by environmental groups. Instead of trying to demonise legitimate international organisations, the Canadian government should start listening to the voices of its...
Continue reading '“It would be the end of our history”'.