Posts in managed decline
- The managed decline of fossil fuels has begun. Leaders around the world have a choice: Will they join France in moving forward in ending fossil fuel extraction and managing the decline of the fossil fuel industry? Or will they continue to deny full steam ahead off the cliff to climate disaster and economic disarray?
- A new Oil Change International report shows that, if Germany is truly committed to being a leader in meeting the goals of the Paris Agreement, it must lead the way with a rapid phaseout of fossil fuel production and finance.
- Rapidly phasing out coal, banning oil and gas expansion, and ending dirty international finance are required for Germany to recover its climate leadership, says new report.
Time to Stop Digging: Why Germany’s Climate Leadership Requires a Rapid Phaseout of Fossil Fuel Production and FinanceGermany is falling far short of true climate leadership – our new report details why it must end coal production swiftly with a just transition and stop funding fossil fuels aboard.
- Why we can’t hide from the discussion about a managed decline of fossil fuel production. It is clear that the end of the fossil fuel era is on the horizon. Between plummeting renewable energy costs, uncharted electric vehicle growth, government commitments to decarbonization enshrined in the Paris agreement, and a growing list of fossil fuel...
Continue reading 'What’s the plan?'.
- The Lofoten Declaration calls for no new exploration or expansion of oil, coal, or gas, and a managed decline of the fossil fuel sector. For a good part of the past three decades, climate action has been planned, measured, judged, and implemented based on tackling emissions where they come out of the chimney or the...
Continue reading 'The Lofoten Declaration: A new bar for climate leadership'.
- Hundreds of Global Organisations Demand Supply-Side Action The Lofoten Declaration calls for a managed decline of the fossil fuel sector. For the text of the declaration and a full list of signatories, visit http://www.LofotenDeclaration.org. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 7 SEPTEMBER 2017 Contact: Hannah McKinnon, hannah [at] priceofoil.org Over 220 organizations from 55 countries have released a...
Continue reading 'Countries Must Tackle Fossil Fuel Production to Meet Climate Goals'.
Nobel Peace Laureates call on Norwegian Leadership Candidates to End Fossil Fuel Exploration and ExpansionAugust 29, 2017 CONTACT: Rachel Vincent, Rvincent [at] nobelwomensinitiative.org, +1 613 569-8400 ext. 113 Five Nobel Peace Laureates have written to Norwegian Prime Ministerial candidates, Erna Solberg and Jonas Gahr Støre, calling for Norwegian climate leadership and an end to fossil fuel exploration and expansion. The letter, sent from the Nobel Women’s Initiative in advance...
Continue reading 'Nobel Peace Laureates call on Norwegian Leadership Candidates to End Fossil Fuel Exploration and Expansion'.
The Sky’s Limit Norway: Why Norway Should Lead the Way in a Managed Decline of Oil and Gas ExtractionA new study released by Oil Change International, examines the role of Norwegian oil and gas production in a Paris-aligned global carbon budget.
- Today, Sens. Merkley (D-OR) and Sanders (I-VT) launched a bill that takes a huge step toward aligning government policy with what climate science tells us is necessary – a transition to a 100% carbon-free economy, as soon as possible.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,831)
- Briefings (45)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (17)
- Factsheets (14)
- Featured (1,640)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Letters (6)
- Methodology (2)
- News (872)
- Newsletter (25)
- Press Releases (229)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (98)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (83)
- Separate Oil and State (146)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Supplemental Material (1)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Deepwater Horizon Donald Trump energy policy Energy Security extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills pipelines Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Safety Shale Gas Shell subsidies tar sands US politics violence