Posts in managed decline
- The letter calls on Brown and the state "to become the first major fossil fuel producer to begin a managed and just transition off oil and gas production."
Nobel Laureates Send Letter to Gov. Brown urging managed and just transition off of oil and gas productionNobel Peace Prize Laureates Ask Governor Brown to Take “Moral Responsibility,” Pursue Bold Action to Phase Out Fossil Fuels
- What does it say about the prospects for multi-billion dollar tar sands oil pipelines, that a national government felt the need to buy a project outright in order to try to save it? When Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau decided to buy-out a failing tar sands pipeline from texas-based Kinder Morgan last month, it exposed...
Continue reading 'What Canada’s Pipeline Purchase Means for Line 3 and KXL'.
- Over 230 civil society groups from 44 countries released an open letter being sent to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, urging him to reject the pipeline and instead begin planning for a managed decline of fossil fuel production and a just transition for workers and impacted communities.
- If Governor Brown is serious about marshaling a response to climate change that is adequate to the challenge, he must lead the managed transition off oil and gas production in California. That's the call to action of a new report released by Oil Change International in partnership with 14 other environmental justice and climate groups.
- This new report details why California must chart a path off fossil fuel extraction to meet its commitment to the Paris Agreement climate goals.
- New Zealand joins the growing club of first movers tackling fossil fuel production! Who will be next? New Zealand joined a growing list of countries yesterday in announcing an end to fossil fuel exploration for the sake of the climate: Costa Rica, Ireland, France, and Belize are all working on plans to manage the decline of...
Continue reading 'Ready, set, go!'.
- The managed decline of oil and gas production has begun. On Tuesday, France set passed a law to end the exploration for and extraction of oil and gas. In our 2016 report, The Sky’s Limit: Why the Paris Climate Goals Require a Managed Decline of Fossil Fuel Production, we showed that emissions from the oil, gas and...
Continue reading 'The French Revolution: France bans new oil and gas licenses'.
- The managed decline of fossil fuels has begun. Leaders around the world have a choice: Will they join France in moving forward in ending fossil fuel extraction and managing the decline of the fossil fuel industry? Or will they continue to deny full steam ahead off the cliff to climate disaster and economic disarray?
- A new Oil Change International report shows that, if Germany is truly committed to being a leader in meeting the goals of the Paris Agreement, it must lead the way with a rapid phaseout of fossil fuel production and finance.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,775)
- Briefings (43)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (17)
- Factsheets (14)
- Featured (1,579)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Letters (5)
- Methodology (2)
- News (814)
- Newsletter (25)
- Press Releases (216)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (93)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (77)
- Separate Oil and State (146)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Supplemental Material (1)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Deepwater Horizon Donald Trump energy policy Energy Security extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills pipelines Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell subsidies tar sands US politics violence