Posts in Litigation
- For anyone concerned about the rising spate of crude by rail accidents across North America, the derailment and explosion last July of a crude by rail train in downtown Lac Megantic, Quebec, which killed 47 local residents, has become something of a cause célèbre.
- Just under 60,000 people have now signed a petition that demands that the French energy company EDF drop a sinister lawsuit against 21 climate change activists who occupied one of its power plants last year.
- BP could settle the Deepwater Horizon spill trial and offset a whopping $9 billion against it tax bill
- After months of delay, the trial of the century finally opened yesterday in New Orleans. Outside rows of protesters had banners with "Restore the Gulf", "#makeBPpay", and "Never Forget".
- Today, nearly three years after BP’s disastrous Deepwater Horizon spill, which claimed eleven lives and led to the largest oil spill in US history, the company is finally due in the dock.
- The fact that a Dutch court has found Shell guilty in its home country will now set a huge precedent for further claims.
- In yet another victory for anti-Keystone XL protestors, a Texas Judge has ordered that TransCanada temporarily stop work on the pipeline.
- On Monday morning, Shell's “Grassroots Employee Empowerment Division” emailed 71,900 employees. But that division doesn't exist.
- BP’s disastrous Deepwater Horizon spill in the Gulf of Mexico refuses to go away. The Daily Telegraph in the UK is reporting that BP is being sued for tens of millions of dollars in America US by institutional investors. The investors – the South Yorkshire Pensions Authority, Skandia Global Funds and GAM Fund Management –...
Continue reading 'BP sued “for hiding truth” over Deepwater'.
- One of America’s top reporters who exposes the antics of the coal industry is being sued for libel by one of the largest independent coal barons. Ken Ward JR, who has been labelled as “one of the nation’s top coal reporters” by Columbia Journalism Review, is being sued by Murray Energy and its owner Bob...
Continue reading 'Big Coal Plays Dirty'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2,999)
- Briefings (9)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (823)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (140)
- Press Releases (42)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (38)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (17)
- Separate Oil and State (131)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War