Posts in KXL
- President Obama should recognize desperation when he sees it and reject Keystone XL. Blow the whistle today and end this game.
- Canadians couldn’t have been much clearer yesterday when they hit the polls in numbers that haven’t been see for decades: The Harper era is history after some ten years of Conservative rule led by outgoing Prime Minister, Stephen Harper. Elected with a decisive majority, Justin Trudeau and the Liberal Party of Canada have been given...
Continue reading 'High stakes – cleaning up after Harper'.
- We're glad to see that Secretary Clinton has weighed the evidence and moved from being 'inclined to support' the Keystone XL pipeline to clear opposition. It's clear that the more you look at this pipeline, the more you realize it's the wrong choice for this country.
- Being the generous souls that we are, we thought we’d save the industry a few million dollars and create a website that can generate their requisite KXL talking points for them! We are proud to introduce: BigOilTalkingPoints.com!
- Fossil fuel funded politicians in Congress should take note - when the President of the United States says he is going to do something, he follows through.
- The EPA's comments point to the fact that at current oil prices the pipeline would certainly trigger additional production in the tar sands, and thus significant additional emissions. Thus Keystone XL clearly fails the President’s climate test...
- The Senate has voted to approve Keystone XL, and has chosen to once again side with Big Oil's money over our climate and our future.
- 2015 is already bringing new challenges — including a congress that’s set on ignoring climate science and fighting for the fossil fuel industry instead of the American people.
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 9 JANUARY 2015 In response to the Nebraska Supreme Court decision on the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline route, Steve Kretzmann, Executive Director of Oil Change International released the following statement: “While the route for Keystone XL may have been approved on a technicality, passing the climate test is a much higher...
Continue reading 'Statement on Nebraska Keystone XL Court Decision'.
- News broke today that Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper has written a letter to President Obama that, according to CBC reporting, “formally propos[ed] ‘joint action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the oil and gas sector,” in exchange for approval of Keystone XL. The specific details of the offer from Harper are yet to be...
Continue reading 'Don’t buy the last ditch Harper Keystone XL ploy'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,610)
- Briefings (37)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (14)
- Factsheets (14)
- Featured (1,414)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Letters (2)
- Methodology (2)
- News (662)
- Newsletter (25)
- Press Releases (177)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (83)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (66)
- Separate Oil and State (143)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Supplemental Material (1)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Deepwater Horizon Donald Trump energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell subsidies tar sands US politics violence