Posts in KeystoneXL
- We must assume success in achieving our climate safety objectives, and work from that assumption when assessing proposed fossil fuel projects. We must apply the climate test.
- The President is right to threaten a veto of legislation to approve the pipeline, just as he’ll be right to reject Keystone XL once and for all. The pipeline clearly fails the climate test that the President set out last year, particularly with low oil prices.
- Senators cosponsoring the pro-Keystone XL bill introduced today have received roughly 5 times more in oil industry cash than those who remained off the bill.
- Despite the industry’s multi-million dollar effort to distort the facts, the truth remains that Keystone XL would promote the increased production of the dirtiest oil on the planet
- Creation of the world's largest crop art image, the size of 70 football fields, depicting a #nokxl message to Pres. Obama to reject Keystone XL and protect our land, water and climate. The event will kick-off the week-long series of actions (April 22-27) called Reject and Protect planned for Washington, DC.
Keystone XL: What Did API Know and When? Groups FOIA State Department for Communication with Big Oil, Canadian GovernmentFriends of the Earth, Sierra Club, and Oil Change International have filed a FOIA request to the State Department to unearth insider communications with the Canadian government and oil industry in the weeks leading up to the release of its Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS).
- FAIL: How the Keystone XL Tar Sands Pipeline Flunks the Climate Test The Obama administration’s decision on the proposed Keystone XL tar sands pipeline is a choice about our climate future. Tar sands are one of the most carbon polluting sources of oil on the planet, and limiting tar sands expansion is critical to fighting...
Continue reading 'FAIL: How the Keystone XL Tar Sands Pipeline Flunks the Climate Test'.
- TransCanada's latest letter to the State Department regarding Keystone XL is riddled with inaccuracies, out-of-date analysis, and distortions that have been proven wrong time and again.
- New Infographic! There are many reasons that the Keystone XL pipeline will clearly exacerbate the problem of climate pollution...but one that is often overlooked at our peril is the problem of petroleum coke (aka "petcoke").
- Oil Change International applauds President Obama today for his show of leadership on climate change. By recognizing that “we can't just drill our way out of the energy and climate challenge that we face” the President has firmly put our nation’s commitment to our future and our children above the profits of the fossil fuel industry.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,309)
- Briefings (18)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (12)
- Factsheets (9)
- Featured (1,121)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (386)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (98)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (59)
- Research & Opinions (32)
- Resources (32)
- Separate Oil and State (138)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence