Posts in Keystone XL
- We stopped Keystone XL and Dakota Access before and we’ll do it again. These are fights Trump and his bullies won’t win.
- Climate on the Line: Why new tar sands pipelines are incompatible with the Paris goals January 2017 Oil Change International Download the report here. New analysis finds that Canada will be the world’s second highest contributor of new oil production globally over the next twenty years if action isn’t taken to halt new tar sands...
Continue reading 'Climate on the Line: Why New Tar Sands Pipelines Are Incompatible With the Paris Goals'.
- People power stopped Keystone XL in its tracks. Now we're seeing human resistance to fossil fuel projects spreading rapidly around the globe.
- Seeds of resistance are spreading across the country, as landowners stand up for their land, their communities, and the climate.
- A new report, entitled Climate Roadbloacks, released by the Sierra Club today reveals how efforts across the United States to protect the climate could be threatened by two proposed trade deals, the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP).
- TransCanada, the company that tried in vain to build the hugely controversial Keystone XL pipeline (KXL), which would have transported tar sands oil from Canada to the US, is now betting big on fracking gas instead.
- Nobel Peace Laureates have added their voices to the call to permanently protect the Arctic from oil and gas exploration and production. In a letter sent today to members of the Arctic Council, the signatories point out that, “nations who share borders in this remarkable region also share an obligation to protect it…both by tackling...
Continue reading 'Nobel Laureates call for Arctic protection'.
- This Thursday, President Obama will host Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau at a state dinner – the first such official dinner between the two nation’s leaders in almost two decades. The event signals not only a new relationship between the two neighbours (at least for a while longer), but also a shared set of values that...
Continue reading 'Betting on success: Cross-border action for a safer climate'.
Losing friends fast: B.C. government officially opposes Kinder Morgan’s tar sands pipeline expansionYesterday the Government of British Columbia announced that it was officially opposing the expansion of the Kinder Morgan TransMountain tar sands pipeline. The province pointed to the company’s failure to provide enough information to satisfy all 5 of the conditions that the government had laid out in order for them to formally support the project...
Continue reading 'Losing friends fast: B.C. government officially opposes Kinder Morgan’s tar sands pipeline expansion'.
- For Immediate Release For further inquires please contact Stephen Kretzmann Steve@priceofoil.org, +1-202-497-1033 “Sun is Setting” on Tar Sands (Washington D.C.) The Alberta tar sands have become the posterchild of the high carbon future we cannot afford. Over recent years, unprecedented public concern has grown and now stands in the way of all major pipeline proposals...
Continue reading 'Oil Change International Response to Alberta Climate Announcement'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,407)
- Briefings (21)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (13)
- Factsheets (12)
- Featured (1,208)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (7)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (463)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (119)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (63)
- Research & Opinions (35)
- Resources (40)
- Separate Oil and State (140)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence