Posts in Keystone XL
- Seeds of resistance are spreading across the country, as landowners stand up for their land, their communities, and the climate.
- A new report, entitled Climate Roadbloacks, released by the Sierra Club today reveals how efforts across the United States to protect the climate could be threatened by two proposed trade deals, the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP).
- TransCanada, the company that tried in vain to build the hugely controversial Keystone XL pipeline (KXL), which would have transported tar sands oil from Canada to the US, is now betting big on fracking gas instead.
- Nobel Peace Laureates have added their voices to the call to permanently protect the Arctic from oil and gas exploration and production. In a letter sent today to members of the Arctic Council, the signatories point out that, “nations who share borders in this remarkable region also share an obligation to protect it…both by tackling...
Continue reading 'Nobel Laureates call for Arctic protection'.
- This Thursday, President Obama will host Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau at a state dinner – the first such official dinner between the two nation’s leaders in almost two decades. The event signals not only a new relationship between the two neighbours (at least for a while longer), but also a shared set of values that...
Continue reading 'Betting on success: Cross-border action for a safer climate'.
Losing friends fast: B.C. government officially opposes Kinder Morgan’s tar sands pipeline expansionYesterday the Government of British Columbia announced that it was officially opposing the expansion of the Kinder Morgan TransMountain tar sands pipeline. The province pointed to the company’s failure to provide enough information to satisfy all 5 of the conditions that the government had laid out in order for them to formally support the project...
Continue reading 'Losing friends fast: B.C. government officially opposes Kinder Morgan’s tar sands pipeline expansion'.
- For Immediate Release For further inquires please contact Stephen Kretzmann Steve@priceofoil.org, +1-202-497-1033 “Sun is Setting” on Tar Sands (Washington D.C.) The Alberta tar sands have become the posterchild of the high carbon future we cannot afford. Over recent years, unprecedented public concern has grown and now stands in the way of all major pipeline proposals...
Continue reading 'Oil Change International Response to Alberta Climate Announcement'.
- Today, ten Nobel Peace Prize Laureates wrote to President Obama to thank him for rejecting the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline. “The decision you have made and the leadership you have shown by rejecting this pipeline marks a critical turning point,” the laureates write. “A dangerous fossil fuel driven future can no longer be considered...
Continue reading 'A Nobel Thank You for Obama'.
- Keystone XL is obviously not the end of our fight. We have another clear demand, and that push continues: Stop Funding Fossils. It’s a concept that’s as simple as it is necessary. We shouldn’t be funding the fossil fuels that are causing this climate crisis.
- To start with one huge, massive, significant step forward. Victories do not come sweeter than this. After years of campaigning by millions of people from grass-roots activists, First Nations, farmers and ranchers to environmental groups such as Oil Change International, Sierra Club, 350.org and many others, President Obama announced on Friday that the controversial Keystone XL (KXL) pipeline is dead.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,340)
- Briefings (19)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (13)
- Factsheets (10)
- Featured (1,149)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (402)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (101)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (60)
- Research & Opinions (32)
- Resources (34)
- Separate Oil and State (138)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence