Posts in Keystone XL
- In the lead up to the Canadian federal election, the economy is front and centre, but not in the way the incumbent government would have liked. The Conservatives have gone to great lengths to brand themselves as good economic managers, but with the Canadian dollar hitting its lowest point in over a decade, their election...
Continue reading 'How low can it go? Collapsing crude in election season'.
- Canadian premiers are meeting this week to discuss the so-called Canadian Energy Strategy – an effort by Canadian provinces and territories to come up with a united front on energy in Canada.
- One has to look no further than what is not included in these targets — the tar sands — to understand where their priorities lie.
- The unimaginable happened last night in Alberta, Canada’s oil patch province. After decades of conservative rule, the left leaning New Democratic Party (NDP) swept the election, winning a decisive majority government. I think I speak for most Canadians when I say that if you had suggested that this was a possibility a year ago, or even...
Continue reading 'Political price tag: fossil fuel fall out in Alberta'.
- When oil prices crashed late last year, the high-cost and capital intensive tar sands sector took a hit. The industry had already been showing signs of weakness with underperforming stocks, project cancellations, and serious concerns about market access. But low oil prices have driven a whole new level of cost cutting and project delays.
- The EIA's new crude-by-rail data confirms what we always knew. That Keystone XL cannot be replaced by rail and will have a serious climate impact.
- TransCanada's proposed Energy East tar sands pipeline faces massive opposition in Canada. A large demonstration is planned in Quebec City on April 11th.
- New data from the EIA shows that the President was right to call Keystone XL an export pipeline.
- Being the generous souls that we are, we thought we’d save the industry a few million dollars and create a website that can generate their requisite KXL talking points for them! We are proud to introduce: BigOilTalkingPoints.com!
- Today’s failed vote is just another example of a corrupt Congress trying to please its Big Oil Benefactors. Nothing more, nothing less. Keystone XL backers continue to trot out the same tired talking points spoon-fed to them by the industry. Meanwhile the facts remain the same: Keystone XL fails the climate test and should be rejected.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,099)
- Briefings (14)
- Data Trends (7)
- Energy Activism (7)
- Factsheets (6)
- Featured (919)
- Industry Analysis (11)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (217)
- Newsletter (18)
- Press Releases (57)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (44)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (23)
- Separate Oil and State (133)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War