Posts in Keystone XL
- TransCanada's proposed Energy East tar sands pipeline faces massive opposition in Canada. A large demonstration is planned in Quebec City on April 11th.
- New data from the EIA shows that the President was right to call Keystone XL an export pipeline.
- Being the generous souls that we are, we thought we’d save the industry a few million dollars and create a website that can generate their requisite KXL talking points for them! We are proud to introduce: BigOilTalkingPoints.com!
- Today’s failed vote is just another example of a corrupt Congress trying to please its Big Oil Benefactors. Nothing more, nothing less. Keystone XL backers continue to trot out the same tired talking points spoon-fed to them by the industry. Meanwhile the facts remain the same: Keystone XL fails the climate test and should be rejected.
- Yesterday, in a moment described as void of “drama or fanfare,” he vetoed legislation which would have forced approval of the controversial Keystone XL pipeline, which would carry dirty tar sands oil Alberta to the Gulf Coast.
- Fossil fuel funded politicians in Congress should take note - when the President of the United States says he is going to do something, he follows through.
- IHS published today a predictable and hollow attempt to rebut much of our work on Keystone XL’s links to markets beyond North America and the ability of rail to replace the pipeline.
- The EPA's comments point to the fact that at current oil prices the pipeline would certainly trigger additional production in the tar sands, and thus significant additional emissions. Thus Keystone XL clearly fails the President’s climate test...
- A political show-down is now inevitable after the Senate yesterday passed a Bill to force approval of the politically toxic Keystone XL pipeline. In doing so, they have set up an bruising political clash with President Obama who is almost certain to veto the Bill. As Obama decides what to do, there will be many...
Continue reading '“Shameful” Senate Passes KXL Bill'.
- The Senate has voted to approve Keystone XL, and has chosen to once again side with Big Oil's money over our climate and our future.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,024)
- Briefings (11)
- Data Trends (4)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (846)
- Industry Analysis (2)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (157)
- Newsletter (6)
- Press Releases (46)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (39)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (19)
- Separate Oil and State (133)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War