Posts in just transition
- At precisely the time in which the world must begin rapidly decarbonizing to avoid runaway climate disaster, the United States is moving further and faster than any other country to expand oil and gas extraction.
- The letter calls on Brown and the state "to become the first major fossil fuel producer to begin a managed and just transition off oil and gas production."
Nobel Laureates Send Letter to Gov. Brown urging managed and just transition off of oil and gas productionNobel Peace Prize Laureates Ask Governor Brown to Take “Moral Responsibility,” Pursue Bold Action to Phase Out Fossil Fuels
- Oil Change International and Platform express their solidarity with striking workers on platforms in the North Sea operated by French oil giant Total.
- Over 230 civil society groups from 44 countries released an open letter being sent to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, urging him to reject the pipeline and instead begin planning for a managed decline of fossil fuel production and a just transition for workers and impacted communities.
- New Zealand joins the growing club of first movers tackling fossil fuel production! Who will be next? New Zealand joined a growing list of countries yesterday in announcing an end to fossil fuel exploration for the sake of the climate: Costa Rica, Ireland, France, and Belize are all working on plans to manage the decline of...
Continue reading 'Ready, set, go!'.
- A new Oil Change International report shows that, if Germany is truly committed to being a leader in meeting the goals of the Paris Agreement, it must lead the way with a rapid phaseout of fossil fuel production and finance.
- Why we can’t hide from the discussion about a managed decline of fossil fuel production. It is clear that the end of the fossil fuel era is on the horizon. Between plummeting renewable energy costs, uncharted electric vehicle growth, government commitments to decarbonization enshrined in the Paris agreement, and a growing list of fossil fuel...
Continue reading 'What’s the plan?'.
- The Lofoten Declaration calls for no new exploration or expansion of oil, coal, or gas, and a managed decline of the fossil fuel sector. For a good part of the past three decades, climate action has been planned, measured, judged, and implemented based on tackling emissions where they come out of the chimney or the...
Continue reading 'The Lofoten Declaration: A new bar for climate leadership'.
- Hundreds of Global Organisations Demand Supply-Side Action The Lofoten Declaration calls for a managed decline of the fossil fuel sector. For the text of the declaration and a full list of signatories, visit http://www.LofotenDeclaration.org. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 7 SEPTEMBER 2017 Contact: Hannah McKinnon, hannah [at] priceofoil.org Over 220 organizations from 55 countries have released a...
Continue reading 'Countries Must Tackle Fossil Fuel Production to Meet Climate Goals'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,843)
- Briefings (46)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (17)
- Factsheets (14)
- Featured (1,653)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Letters (6)
- Methodology (2)
- News (885)
- Newsletter (25)
- Press Releases (232)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (99)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (85)
- Separate Oil and State (146)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Supplemental Material (1)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Deepwater Horizon Donald Trump energy policy Energy Security extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills pipelines Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Safety Shale Gas Shell subsidies tar sands US politics violence