Posts in Jerry Brown
- Governor Brown’s latest climate package perpetuates the myth that business as usual in the fossil fuel industry can go on with only a few small adjustments, and everything will be fine. That view may fly in the petrodollar soaked halls in Sacramento, but climate science and the health and wellbeing of communities living next to industry have a different perspective.
- On average, Senators voting against the moratorium have received nearly 3 times as much in Big Oil contributions than those voting for it.
- Last week the Chief Executive of Occidental Petroleum, a mega-fracker, told analysts and investors if “towns don’t want us there, we won’t be there.” What he failed to mention is that they’ve got the Governor in their pockets doing the dirty work for them.
- Analysis by Oil Change International based on its Dirty Energy Money database shows that Senators voting against the fracking moratorium today received 16 times as much in fossil fuel contributions, on average, than those Senators in support of the bill.
- Thousands of Californians rallied in Sacramento on March 15th, calling for Governor Jerry Brown to stop fracking in the state…and the media turned out in force as well. Below is a brief roundup of some of our favorite reports on Don’t Frack California from traditional, new, and social media. (Note: this post will be updated...
Continue reading 'Don’t Frack California media roundup'.
- California Governor Jerry Brown is taking a hit today for his penchant for fracking and dirty energy donations with a new satirical online video launched by Oil Change International (OCI) and Heavy Crude Video. The video is the latest escalation of the Big Oil Brown campaign effort sponsored by OCI, pushing for a ban on fracking for oil and gas in the state.
- A new video parody, entitled “Frack Water”, portrays a Jerry Brown look-alike outside a southern California oil field accompanied by a California oil industry representative. It's the latest escalation in Oil Change International's "Big Oil Brown" campaign, pushing the governor to impose a ban on fracking for oil and gas in California.
- If the Governor were to be truly serious about protecting Californians struggling with the drought, he would put a halt to fracking in the state immediately.
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 17 January 2014 Contact: David Turnbull, email@example.com San Francisco — In response to Governor Brown’s drought declaration, David Turnbull, Campaigns Director of Oil Change International and the BigOilBrown.org campaign, released the following statement: “The Governor’s drought declaration should be the final straw for fracking in the state. To frack for oil in...
Continue reading 'Response to Governor Brown’s drought declaration in California'.
- Sacramento, CA – In the wake of the driest recorded year in California’s history, concerned Californians submitted more than 100,000 public comments today denouncing Governor Brown’s proposed fracking regulations and urged him to ban the water-intensive drilling activity. At today’s event, Californians Against Fracking delivered boxes filled with tens of thousands of public comments to DOGGR while chanting, “Climate leaders don’t...
Continue reading 'Californians Submit 100,000 Public Comments Opposing Gov. Brown’s Dangerous Fracking Regulations'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,581)
- Briefings (34)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (14)
- Factsheets (13)
- Featured (1,383)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Methodology (2)
- News (635)
- Newsletter (25)
- Press Releases (167)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (80)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (57)
- Separate Oil and State (142)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Supplemental Material (1)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Deepwater Horizon Donald Trump energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell subsidies tar sands US politics violence