Posts in Iran
- They came. They talked. They talked some more. They failed to reach a deal. And so the turmoil within the global oil industry continues.
- So the slide continues with no end in sight. As expected this morning, the oil price has fallen below $28 a barrel on the back of the historic news over the weekend of sanctions being lifted on Iran.
- As world leaders converged on the Swiss town of Lausanne over the weekend, their historic deliberations about Iran’s nuclear programme were said to have reached the “end-game” before the deadline at the end of the month.
- The American Petroleum Institute, along with Senator Lugar (R-IN), has grasped the recent threat of a crisis in the Strait of Hormuz as the perfect opportunity to peddle its misinformation about Keystone XL and U.S. energy security. The Strait of Hormuz is a narrow channel of ocean between Iran and Oman through which some 17...
Continue reading 'Keystone XL: playing the Iran card, ignoring the facts'.
- Ever since Greenpeace outed the Koch brothers as the largest financiers of climate change denial, the secretive brothers have started getting much more media attention. The fact that they are also major backers of the controversial Tea Party movement – with its loathing of environmental protection and dismissal of climate change – has added to...
Continue reading '“Everything Koch stood for was a lie”'.
- Poor old George. He doesn’t quite get it. He doesn’t quite understand that what he does with his right hand impacts what he does with his left. Take the thorny issue of Iran. There is increasing speculation that Bush wants one major shot at Iran before he leaves office. Writing in the New Yorker this...
Continue reading 'Bush’s Iranian legacy'.
- Iran, OPEC’s second-largest producer, has completely stopped conducting oil transactions in U.S. dollars, a top Oil Ministry official has admitted. It is a concerted attempt to reduce reliance on Washington at a time of tension over Tehran’s nuclear program and suspected involvement in Iraq. Iran has dramatically reduced dependence on the dollar over the past...
Continue reading 'Iran Dumps the Dollar'.
- Even as the United Nations maneuvers toward a vote on expanded sanctions against Iran – which Beijing has reportedly approved – China’s main offshore oil and gas company is reported to have signed a $16 billion deal to develop an Iranian gas field. In doing so, China is maintaining its position that it does not...
Continue reading 'China Signs Oil Deal with Iranian Company'.
- Russia’s Gazprom the world’s top gas producer, has announced that it will take on big new energy projects in Iran, a move likely to anger the United States which wants Tehran isolated over its nuclear work. State-controlled Gazprom, which supplies a quarter of Europe’s gas needs, said it had agreed to develop more phases of...
Continue reading 'Gazprom Signs Energy Deals with Iran'.
- Just getting used to oil prices around $100 a barrel. Well Thailand’s Energy Minister Piyasvasti Amranand has said that global oil prices could surge to US$200 per barrel if the United States goes to war with Iran. Speaking at a seminar on “The Promotion of Bio-Technology,” he said he shared a view in common with...
Continue reading 'Oil May Hit $200 if US Attacks Iran'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,610)
- Briefings (37)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (14)
- Factsheets (14)
- Featured (1,414)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Letters (2)
- Methodology (2)
- News (662)
- Newsletter (25)
- Press Releases (177)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (83)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (66)
- Separate Oil and State (143)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Supplemental Material (1)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Deepwater Horizon Donald Trump energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell subsidies tar sands US politics violence