Posts in Gulf of Mexico
- In the months that followed BP’s devastating Deepwater Horizon spill in the Gulf of Mexico in April 2010, one of the biggest mysteries was what happened to the 200 millions gallons of spewed black crude.
- It is hard to believe but it is nearly five years since BP’s reckless behaviour caused arguably America’s worst environmental disaster.
- Yesterday over a hundred members and supporters of the UK-based art collective Liberate Tate carried out their latest art protest against the oil giant BP in the Tate Modern’s iconic Turbine Hall in London.
- As the fourth anniversary of BP’s devastating Deepwater Horizon spill nears, new research reveals that many species of wildlife are still struggling to recover.
- The fallout from the BP's Deepwater Horizon oil spill continues. The oil giant is attempting to force the US government to release evidence which BP says proves that the oil spill did much less damage than at first feared.
- Yesterday the American Journal of Medicine published a new scientific study which found that the clean up workers from BP's Deepwater Horizon disaster are at risk of developing cancer, leukaemia and a host of other illnesses.
- Oil giant BP continues to be tormented by the legacy of the Deepwater Horizon disaster.
- Later today as part of Obama’s “All of the Above” energy strategy, the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management will hold an oil and gas lease sale that will make more than 20 million offshore acres available to oil and gas drilling.
- Over 3,000 people marched around the White House yesterday with a simple message for President Obama: Say no once and for all to the KXL.
- The saying in the city is that the markets do not lie. And after Friday’s late night deal to reach a settlement with plaintiffs for a reported $7.8 billion, shares this morning in BP are topping the FTSE 100. The company’s share have risen over 2 per cent this morning with some analysts saying the...
Continue reading 'BP Settlement “doesn’t benefit my clients”'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2,999)
- Briefings (9)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (823)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (140)
- Press Releases (42)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (38)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (17)
- Separate Oil and State (131)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War