Posts in Gulf of Mexico
- As the fourth anniversary of BP’s devastating Deepwater Horizon spill nears, new research reveals that many species of wildlife are still struggling to recover.
- The fallout from the BP's Deepwater Horizon oil spill continues. The oil giant is attempting to force the US government to release evidence which BP says proves that the oil spill did much less damage than at first feared.
- Yesterday the American Journal of Medicine published a new scientific study which found that the clean up workers from BP's Deepwater Horizon disaster are at risk of developing cancer, leukaemia and a host of other illnesses.
- Oil giant BP continues to be tormented by the legacy of the Deepwater Horizon disaster.
- Later today as part of Obama’s “All of the Above” energy strategy, the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management will hold an oil and gas lease sale that will make more than 20 million offshore acres available to oil and gas drilling.
- Over 3,000 people marched around the White House yesterday with a simple message for President Obama: Say no once and for all to the KXL.
- The saying in the city is that the markets do not lie. And after Friday’s late night deal to reach a settlement with plaintiffs for a reported $7.8 billion, shares this morning in BP are topping the FTSE 100. The company’s share have risen over 2 per cent this morning with some analysts saying the...
Continue reading 'BP Settlement “doesn’t benefit my clients”'.
- So the trial of the century may not happen after all. This morning, lawyers representing over 116,000 plaintiffs had been due in court in New Orleans to begin the trial against BP and other defendants resulting from the Deepwater Horizon. The trial could have lasted two years. Documents in the case run to more than...
Continue reading 'BP Trial “Close to Settlement”'.
- Chevron is at the center of a scandal over the oil spill in the offshore Campos Basin Frade field about 230 miles from the coast of northeast Rio de Janeiro. Originally the company said that the spill was natural seepage from the field. Well, no, it appears it was not. The scandal began to unravel on...
Continue reading 'Oil Spill off Rio Sets Chevron at the Center of Scandal'.
- It’s been a good few days for BP. The company’s share price surged 5.1 per cent this morning after it was announced that Anadarko Petroleum will pay $4 billion to settle all claims for last year’s Gulf of Mexico oil spill. The US-based Anadarko Petroleum was a part-leaseholder of ill-fated Macondo well. As part of...
Continue reading 'BP: Reprieved from Death Row'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2827)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (656)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (4)
- News (14)
- Press Releases (26)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (29)
- Research & Opinions (30)
- Resources (14)
- Separate Oil and State (123)
- Subsidy Spotlight (2)
- Websites (4)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War