Posts in greenwashing
- It has often been called the heart of public relations: but the third party technique is simple – it is putting your words in someone else’s mouth.
- As more and more of us search for news and information online, PR companies and their clients are increasingly trying to manipulate what you read.
- I discovered recently that I was being spied on by BP.
- Baker Hughes, a fracking giant, is distributing hundreds of pink drill bits to drilling sites around the world in “honor” of breast cancer awareness month. Along with our allies, we took action.
- A three and a half year battle by activists to find out more details of BP’s secretive sponsorship deal with Britain’s iconic art institution, the Tate, will finally be resolved on Thursday this week.
- Yesterday over a hundred members and supporters of the UK-based art collective Liberate Tate carried out their latest art protest against the oil giant BP in the Tate Modern’s iconic Turbine Hall in London.
- Many visitors to the iconic British Museum in London got more than they bargained for on Sunday, when hundreds of protestors descended on the Museum to protest against BP's sponsorship of a major exhibition on Vikings.
- Both BP and Shell’s cynical “reputation-cleansing” via sponsorship has once again been challenged by activists.
- First the gloss from Rio. This was the UN’s largest ever conference with 45,300 delegates from more than 180 nations. The UN says it has obtained pledges worth $500 billion from governments and companies for projects aimed at reducing the strain on the planet’s resources. There are nearly 700 commitments from governments to supposedly cut...
Continue reading 'Rio – 20'.
- If you open a copy of the Financial Times this morning, you will see a full page advert from the “Friends of Rio+20” with a message to the delegates at the UN Conference on Sustainable Development. These “friends” say they are an assortment of big business, scientific and civil society leaders, but a quick glimpse...
Continue reading 'Greenwashing +20'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2,956)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (787)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (110)
- Press Releases (35)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (38)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (18)
- Separate Oil and State (130)
- Subsidy Spotlight (6)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War