Posts in Global Warming
- America First? Trump just put America Last in the coming clean energy economy. So ends the so-called ‘American century’ of leadership. The decision to withdraw from the Paris Climate Agreement will go down in history as one of the most short-sighted, destructive, and malicious decisions of any American President ever.
- In our latest briefing, we unravel why U.S. government agencies are setting themselves up for climate failure when assessing the climate impact of fossil fuel decisions, and what they should do about it.
- Nobel Peace Laureates have added their voices to the call to permanently protect the Arctic from oil and gas exploration and production. In a letter sent today to members of the Arctic Council, the signatories point out that, “nations who share borders in this remarkable region also share an obligation to protect it…both by tackling...
Continue reading 'Nobel Laureates call for Arctic protection'.
- Quick out of the gates this morning, Canada and the U.S. released their joint statement on climate, energy and Arctic leadership in the midst of Prime Minister Trudeau’s official Washington visit. Finding themselves on similar pages when it comes to the need for action on climate, Trudeau and Obama used the opportunity to focus on...
Continue reading 'Unpacking the U.S.-Canada joint statement on climate, energy, and Arctic leadership'.
- This Thursday, President Obama will host Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau at a state dinner – the first such official dinner between the two nation’s leaders in almost two decades. The event signals not only a new relationship between the two neighbours (at least for a while longer), but also a shared set of values that...
Continue reading 'Betting on success: Cross-border action for a safer climate'.
- The winds of change have been blowing in Canada over the past year – with new governments, new promises, and a renewed sense of urgency – the momentum for ambitious climate action seems to be growing again. In an open letter sent today to Prime Minister Trudeau and Canadian Premiers (leaders of the provinces and...
Continue reading 'Seizing Canada’s chance to lead'.
Losing friends fast: B.C. government officially opposes Kinder Morgan’s tar sands pipeline expansionYesterday the Government of British Columbia announced that it was officially opposing the expansion of the Kinder Morgan TransMountain tar sands pipeline. The province pointed to the company’s failure to provide enough information to satisfy all 5 of the conditions that the government had laid out in order for them to formally support the project...
Continue reading 'Losing friends fast: B.C. government officially opposes Kinder Morgan’s tar sands pipeline expansion'.
- In response to the announced budget deal that would lift the crude oil export ban, Stephen Kretzmann, Executive Director of Oil Change International, released the following statement:
- For Immediate Release For further inquires please contact Stephen Kretzmann Steve@priceofoil.org, +1-202-497-1033 “Sun is Setting” on Tar Sands (Washington D.C.) The Alberta tar sands have become the posterchild of the high carbon future we cannot afford. Over recent years, unprecedented public concern has grown and now stands in the way of all major pipeline proposals...
Continue reading 'Oil Change International Response to Alberta Climate Announcement'.
- Today, ten Nobel Peace Prize Laureates wrote to President Obama to thank him for rejecting the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline. “The decision you have made and the leadership you have shown by rejecting this pipeline marks a critical turning point,” the laureates write. “A dangerous fossil fuel driven future can no longer be considered...
Continue reading 'A Nobel Thank You for Obama'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (1)
- Blog Posts (3,505)
- Briefings (28)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (14)
- Factsheets (12)
- Featured (1,302)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Methodology (2)
- News (554)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (142)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (73)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (49)
- Separate Oil and State (142)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence