Posts in Gas
- The U.S. Export-Import Bank (USEXIM) is the third-largest supporter of fossil fuels among all G20 countries, according to a new report out today from Oil Change International, Friends of the Earth U.S., and WWF's European Policy Office.
- FERC has ignored all the evidence and certified these destructive gas pipeline projects as ‘convenient and necessary’ – when in fact they are neither.
- WARNING: Use of this outlook for decision-making may cause sea level rise, flooding, droughts, extreme weather, food shortages and ecosystem collapse. Accepting the conclusions of the latest energy outlook, released this month by the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) means also accepting certain climate catastrophe. As we have noted before, the EIA has made a routine...
Continue reading 'The Hazards of EIA Energy Forecasts'.
- Hundreds of Global Organisations Demand Supply-Side Action The Lofoten Declaration calls for a managed decline of the fossil fuel sector. For the text of the declaration and a full list of signatories, visit http://www.LofotenDeclaration.org. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 7 SEPTEMBER 2017 Contact: Hannah McKinnon, hannah [at] priceofoil.org Over 220 organizations from 55 countries have released a...
Continue reading 'Countries Must Tackle Fossil Fuel Production to Meet Climate Goals'.
- It’s unfortunately fitting that Trump chose an oil refinery to stage his speech on ‘reforming’ the tax code. He’s railed against special interest loopholes, but Trump’s so-called energy dominance agenda relies on massive taxpayer handouts to oil, gas, and coal companies.
- Unprecedented and “never-before-seen” impacts of climate change are all around us. From Hurricanes’ Harvey and Irma to massive flooding in India, Bangladesh, and Nepal to forest fires burning through the west coast of North America – climate change is here and now, and it is catastrophic. Fortunately, unprecedented and never-before-seen climate policy is also starting...
Continue reading 'Vive la France!'.
Nobel Peace Laureates call on Norwegian Leadership Candidates to End Fossil Fuel Exploration and ExpansionAugust 29, 2017 CONTACT: Rachel Vincent, Rvincent [at] nobelwomensinitiative.org, +1 613 569-8400 ext. 113 Five Nobel Peace Laureates have written to Norwegian Prime Ministerial candidates, Erna Solberg and Jonas Gahr Støre, calling for Norwegian climate leadership and an end to fossil fuel exploration and expansion. The letter, sent from the Nobel Women’s Initiative in advance...
Continue reading 'Nobel Peace Laureates call on Norwegian Leadership Candidates to End Fossil Fuel Exploration and Expansion'.
- Five Nobel Peace Laureates have called on Norwegian Prime Ministerial candidates to declare their intent to put an end to fossil fuel exploration and expansion. The letter, sent in advance of the country’s national elections in mid-September, is an appeal for climate leadership. But, they are also the world’s seventh largest exporter of emissions. Their...
Continue reading 'A Nobel Appeal to Norway'.
- Norway’s plans for fossil fuel development are at odds with its commitments to the Paris climate goals according to a new report. In addition to being the world’s seventh largest emissions exporter, projected oil and gas development in the country are incompatible with global carbon budgets aligned with limiting global warming to 2 degrees Celsius or 1.5 degrees Celsius.
- Soon British consumers will be cooking and heating their homes with American fracked gas for the first time.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,619)
- Briefings (38)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (14)
- Factsheets (14)
- Featured (1,425)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Letters (3)
- Methodology (2)
- News (673)
- Newsletter (25)
- Press Releases (180)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (83)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (68)
- Separate Oil and State (143)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Supplemental Material (1)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Deepwater Horizon Donald Trump energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell subsidies tar sands US politics violence