Posts in Gas
- In the past three years, the North American and European commercial and investment banking sector has engaged in fossil fuel financing practices that are deeply at odds with the global climate agreement reached at COP 21 last December.
- Seeds of resistance are spreading across the country, as landowners stand up for their land, their communities, and the climate.
- A petition calling for an end to fossil fuel leasing on public lands and waters has garnered more than 100,000 signatures on the White House’s “We the People” online platform, surpassing the threshold necessary to trigger an official response from the White House.
- Just last year, Canada’s Liberal Party campaigned on a promise to start winding down subsidies to fossil fuel producers. Now that they’ve been elected on that platform, Justin Trudeau’s government faces its first real test on fossil fuel subsidies in the 2016 budget that will be released next week. You can call on the government to...
Continue reading 'Ending Canada’s billions in fossil fuel subsidies'.
- If the President is serious about his climate legacy, he needs to apply a climate test to all offshore drilling. When he does, he’ll see that offshore fossil fuels fail the climate test.
- We’ve long known that the oil and gas industry was buying politicians. The latest expose from the New York Times confirms it once again, and this time it is frackers in the lead.
- It is increasingly being seen as America’s worst environmental disaster since BP's Deepwater Horizon blowout in 2010 and has led to thousands of people being evicted from their homes.
- World Bank Group finance for projects that included fossil fuel exploration was highest in FY2013, at nearly $1 billion out of $2.7 billion total for fossil fuel projects in 2013.
- World Bank Group finance for fossil fuel exploration projects from FY2008 to 2013 was highest in 2013, at nearly $1 billion out of $2.7 billion total for fossil fuel projects.
- As the West scrambles for a diplomatic solution to the crisis in Crimea, they know that as they try and negotiate with Russian President, Vladimir Putin, he holds one of the aces in the pack: Russian gas supplies to the west.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,288)
- Briefings (18)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (12)
- Factsheets (9)
- Featured (1,098)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (370)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (93)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (58)
- Research & Opinions (32)
- Resources (31)
- Separate Oil and State (138)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence