Posts in gas pipelines
RELEASE: Oil Change International responds to Trump nominees to the Federal Energy Regulatory CommissionIn response, Lorne Stockman, Senior Research Analyst at Oil Change International released the following statement:
- Our new analysis finds that the controversial PennEast Pipeline for fracked gas could contribute as much greenhouse gas pollution as 14 coal-fired power plants or 10 million passenger vehicles.
- As part of a series of briefings on proposed Appalachian gas pipelines, Oil Change International's new analysis finds that the PennEast Pipeline would result in the emissions equivalent the 14 coal plants, or 10 million passenger vehicles.
- Two studies released today find that if built, the controversial Mountain Valley and Atlantic Coast pipelines would together contribute as much greenhouse gas pollution as 45 coal-fired power plants -- some 158 million metric tons a year.
- Part of a series of briefings on proposed Appalachian gas pipelines, Oil Change International finds that the Atlantic Coast Pipeline would cause the emissions equivalent of 20 coal plants or 14 million passenger vehicles.
- Part of a series of briefings on proposed Appalachian gas pipelines, Oil Change International finds that the Mountain Valley Pipeline would cause the emissions equivalent of 26 coal plants or 19 million passenger vehicles.
- Seeds of resistance are spreading across the country, as landowners stand up for their land, their communities, and the climate.
- OK – hands up. I admit it. Yesterday I may have been too hasty to blame the European row on Russian and Putin, when there is increasing evidence that the Ukrainians are to partly to blame too. You could argue that the other countries in Europe are also to blame. Despite these annual spats between...
Continue reading 'EU’s Answer to Gas Crisis “Not Credible”'.
- The Bolivian government has taken full control of a key gas pipeline company after talks with the foreign firm that held a controlling stake broke down. It is the latest move in the Bolivian president’s recent effort to nationalise key industries. President Evo Morales said Transredes had been seized after US company Ashmore Energy International...
Continue reading 'Bolivia Seizes Control of Gas Pipeline'.
- Alaska’s long-held dream of utilizing its vast gas reserves cam a step closer yesterday when BP and ConocoPhillips joined forces to try to break a longstanding political deadlock over the project. The two energy giants have said that they will spend billions to build a pipeline from the North Slope to feed energy-hungry markets in...
Continue reading 'BP and Conoco Outline Plans for Alaskan Gas Pipeline'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,718)
- Briefings (42)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (14)
- Factsheets (14)
- Featured (1,523)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Letters (4)
- Methodology (2)
- News (761)
- Newsletter (25)
- Press Releases (205)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (90)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (73)
- Separate Oil and State (143)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Supplemental Material (1)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Deepwater Horizon Donald Trump energy policy Energy Security extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills pipelines Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell subsidies tar sands US politics violence