Posts in Fuel Quality Directive
- As political pressure mounts in the US to lift the country’s decades-old crude oil export ban, Reuters reported yesterday that the US government has recently authorized limited re-exports of foreign crude to Europe for the first time in years. According to data the news agency obtained via Freedom of Information requests, the Department of Commerce...
Continue reading 'Will Tar Sands Soon Be on Way to Europe?'.
- As the European Commission continues to deliberate as to whether to adopt its landmark climate change legislation, called the Fuel Quality Directive (FQD), there is increasing evidence that planned pipelines in North America could turn Europe into a significant market for the Canadian tar sands.
- According to a new scientific analysis, many tar sands wells are actually using more energy than they produce.
- The day after the world's leading scientists called for urgent action on climate change, the Albertan government dispatched two politicians to Europe to continue their dirty lobby PR campaign against Europe's progressive climate legislation.
- One of the world’s leading climate scientists Dr James Hansen has warned British MPs that exploiting the tar sands and oil shale would make the problem of climate change “unsolvable”.
- Mark Jaccard, one of Canada's leading energy economists, from British Colombia’s Simon Fraser University, has said that the Canadian government's campaign of aggression and name-calling over the tar sands is not winning it any respect. "I feel betrayed as a Canadian,” he says.
- One of Canada’s most senior politicians is back in Europe on yet another lobby tour to try and bully politicians there to ditch their landmark climate legislation as it discriminates against the dirty tar sands.
- The fourth annual Canada-EU Energy Summit was held yesterday in London at Canada House in London. The event was disrupted by protestors angered at Canada’s aggressive lobbying to undermine European legislation.
- Only yesterday I was talking about hype and how the oil industry often plays the long game. The Canadian Federal Natural Resources Minister Joe Oliver, who has become a real cheer-leader for the tar sands industry, argues that it could generate over than $3 trillion in revenue in 25 years. That is a huge fat...
Continue reading 'Tar sands “could produce $3 trillion”'.
- We have known for a long time that the Canadian government was colluding with the oil and gas industry over tar sands and its campaign against Europe’s Fuel Quality Directive (FQD). But new documents have come to light that reveal the extent of that collusion, especially between Big Oil and Natural Resources Canada, the Department...
Continue reading 'Big Oil Approved Canada’s FQD Strategy'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2806)
- Briefings (7)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (634)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (4)
- News (6)
- Press Releases (21)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (28)
- Research & Opinions (29)
- Resources (12)
- Separate Oil and State (123)
- Subsidy Spotlight (1)
- Websites (4)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War