Posts in Fuel Quality Directive
- One of the world’s leading climate scientists Dr James Hansen has warned British MPs that exploiting the tar sands and oil shale would make the problem of climate change “unsolvable”.
- Mark Jaccard, one of Canada's leading energy economists, from British Colombia’s Simon Fraser University, has said that the Canadian government's campaign of aggression and name-calling over the tar sands is not winning it any respect. "I feel betrayed as a Canadian,” he says.
- One of Canada’s most senior politicians is back in Europe on yet another lobby tour to try and bully politicians there to ditch their landmark climate legislation as it discriminates against the dirty tar sands.
- The fourth annual Canada-EU Energy Summit was held yesterday in London at Canada House in London. The event was disrupted by protestors angered at Canada’s aggressive lobbying to undermine European legislation.
- Only yesterday I was talking about hype and how the oil industry often plays the long game. The Canadian Federal Natural Resources Minister Joe Oliver, who has become a real cheer-leader for the tar sands industry, argues that it could generate over than $3 trillion in revenue in 25 years. That is a huge fat...
Continue reading 'Tar sands “could produce $3 trillion”'.
- We have known for a long time that the Canadian government was colluding with the oil and gas industry over tar sands and its campaign against Europe’s Fuel Quality Directive (FQD). But new documents have come to light that reveal the extent of that collusion, especially between Big Oil and Natural Resources Canada, the Department...
Continue reading 'Big Oil Approved Canada’s FQD Strategy'.