Posts in fossil fuel subsidies
- "Pruitt’s move to repeal the Clean Power Plan shouldn’t come as any surprise. He’s repeatedly partnered with fossil fuel companies to sue the EPA for regulating the industry’s air, water, and climate pollution. This kind of cronyism is exactly what happens when government agencies are captured by the corporations they’re supposed to oversee."
- The former Federal Emergency Management Agency chief, Craig Fugate, has told the Trump Administration “You have to look at climate change science if you want smarter disaster relief.”
- A new report out today reveals that U.S. taxpayers continue to foot the bill for more than $20 billion in fossil fuel subsidies each year. These subsidies amount to billions of dollars wasted to prop up an industry responsible for a climate crisis that has contributed to lives lost and hundreds of billions in damages this hurricane season alone.
Dirty Energy Dominance: Dependent on Denial – How the U.S. Fossil Fuel Industry Depends on Subsidies and Climate DenialA new report by Oil Change International reveals that U.S. taxpayers continue to foot the bill for more than $20 billion in fossil fuel subsidies each year. Every dollar spent subsidizing this industry takes us further away from achieving internationally agreed emissions goals, and maintaining a stable climate.
- It’s unfortunately fitting that Trump chose an oil refinery to stage his speech on ‘reforming’ the tax code. He’s railed against special interest loopholes, but Trump’s so-called energy dominance agenda relies on massive taxpayer handouts to oil, gas, and coal companies.
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE July 8, 2017 CONTACT: Alex Doukas, alex [at] priceofoil [dot] org Stephen Kretzmann, steve [at] priceofoil [dot] org In response to the language in the G20 Leaders’ Communique from the 2017 summit in Hamburg, which fails to establish a deadline for the phase out of fossil fuel subsidies, Oil Change International...
Continue reading 'Statement: G20 leaders shame Trump, but fail to end fossil fuel subsidies'.
- A Trump vs. the world showdown is brewing at this year’s G20 leaders’ summit, July 7 and 8 in Hamburg, Germany. After pulling the United States out of the Paris Agreement, Trump’s climate denial will likely take a beating from other G20 governments, who nearly all say they support strong climate action. An ugly diplomatic...
Continue reading 'To really hit Trump on climate change, other G20 leaders must end fossil fuel handouts'.
- The myth that opening up more public lands and waters for fossil fuel production will result in a windfall for America is dead wrong. The only windfall from this production is enjoyed by oil, gas, and coal executives.
- In a huge industry giveaway, Trump’s Department of Interior budget increases funding for oil, gas, and coal expansion by more than $34 million – and slashes renewable energy by at least $15 million.
RELEASE: Oil Change International responds to G7 failure on fossil fuel subsidies, G6 recommitment to Paris AgreementFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE May 27, 2017 CONTACT: Alex Doukas, alex [AT] priceofoil.org Reaction: G7 leaders cave in the face of fossil fuel cronyism, fail to recommit to ending fossil fuel subsidies by 2025 In response to the G7 Leaders’ Communiqué released today, where world leaders failed to reaffirm their commitment to phase out fossil fuel subsidies...
Continue reading 'RELEASE: Oil Change International responds to G7 failure on fossil fuel subsidies, G6 recommitment to Paris Agreement'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,609)
- Briefings (37)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (14)
- Factsheets (14)
- Featured (1,413)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Letters (2)
- Methodology (2)
- News (661)
- Newsletter (25)
- Press Releases (177)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (83)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (66)
- Separate Oil and State (143)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Supplemental Material (1)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Deepwater Horizon Donald Trump energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell subsidies tar sands US politics violence