Posts in Exxon
- Arkansas has become the latest scene of an Exxon oil spill, and the subsequent spin attempts to side-step blame. The truth tells a different story.
- Footage from activists shows Exxon's incompetent clean up in response to its spill in Arkansas.
- Fracking may be causing protests from America to Europe, but in South Africa, the latest country to lift a ban on the activity, many of the locals don’t even know what the practice entails. Earlier this month, South Africa lifted a 2011 ban on shale gas exploration and fracking in its semi-arid ecologically-sensitive Karoo region,...
Continue reading 'Fracking … Its Not Actually About Sex'.
- If you believe the press reports, you’d think that the oil industry was hurting of late, what with the headlines coming out of the most recent quarterly earnings reports saying things like, “Exxon and Shell Earnings Disappoint,” and “Occidental quarterly profit lower”, and “Chevron 2nd-Quarter Profit Off 6.8%; Upstream Earnings Fall”. These headlines paint a...
Continue reading 'Oil companies continue to profit at the expense of our future'.
- As I write, two million people remain without power in the eastern United States, two days after extreme electrical storms brought down power lines and trees. They are struggling to remain cool in 100 degree heat. In Kansas the New York Times reports this morning “For five days last week, a brutal heat wave here...
Continue reading 'Exxon: Climate Change “Overblown”'.
- The political action committees (PACs) of five of the biggest players in the oil and gas industry donated just over $500,000 to Congressional incumbents and candidates during the first quarter of 2012. Public Campaign has just released new analysis of data filed with the Federal Election Commission (FEC). Some key findings: Exxon’s PAC was the biggest...
Continue reading 'Big Oil Donates over $500,000 to Congress in First Quarter of 2012'.
- Earlier today President Obama challenged Congress to either stand with Big Oil, or stand with the American people. A vote on legislation introduced by Senator Robert Menendez (D-NJ) that would have eliminated over $2.4 billion in annual tax deductions to the top 5 oil companies was subsequently defeated a few hours later. Once again Congress...
Continue reading 'Senate Fails to Cut Favors to Big Oil, Once Again'.
- It will not just be Bob Dudley from BP who will be aghast at the news that Exxon and Rosneft have signed a historical deal to develop Arctic oil reserves, but many people from Alaska too. Just months after BP failed in a bid to form a strategic alliance with Rosneft, ExxonMobil has outsmarted its...
Continue reading 'Exxon Beats BP to Arctic Prize'.
- Stick the words Exxon and oil spill into the same sentence and of course people get vivid memories of the Exxon Valdez. Exxon’s latest spill on the Yellowstone river is tiny compared to what happened in Alaska, but still some 1,000 barrels – or 42,000 gallons of oil – have reportedly been spilt from the...
Continue reading 'From Yellowstone to Blackstone'.
- Now that BP’s jury-rigged contraption to contain its massive Gulf of Mexico oil spew has failed, the company’s only resort is to continue pumping massive amounts of dispersant into the water near the wellhead, in an attempt to – what exactly? The dispersant goes by the trade name “Corexit.” It’s supposed to be a pun...
Continue reading 'You Can Hide, But You Can’t Run'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2806)
- Briefings (7)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (634)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (4)
- News (6)
- Press Releases (21)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (28)
- Research & Opinions (29)
- Resources (12)
- Separate Oil and State (123)
- Subsidy Spotlight (1)
- Websites (4)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War