Posts in European Union
- As political pressure mounts in the US to lift the country’s decades-old crude oil export ban, Reuters reported yesterday that the US government has recently authorized limited re-exports of foreign crude to Europe for the first time in years. According to data the news agency obtained via Freedom of Information requests, the Department of Commerce...
Continue reading 'Will Tar Sands Soon Be on Way to Europe?'.
- As the European Commission continues to deliberate as to whether to adopt its landmark climate change legislation, called the Fuel Quality Directive (FQD), there is increasing evidence that planned pipelines in North America could turn Europe into a significant market for the Canadian tar sands.
- Leading scientists and American politicians are worried that the the US is trying to undermine the EU's landmark Fuel Quality Directive
- As fracking fervour sweeps across Europe, the region’s politicians yesterday narrowly voted to force energy companies to carry out in-depth environmental audits before they frack.
- The day after the world's leading scientists called for urgent action on climate change, the Albertan government dispatched two politicians to Europe to continue their dirty lobby PR campaign against Europe's progressive climate legislation.
- Mark Jaccard, one of Canada's leading energy economists, from British Colombia’s Simon Fraser University, has said that the Canadian government's campaign of aggression and name-calling over the tar sands is not winning it any respect. "I feel betrayed as a Canadian,” he says.
- One of Canada’s most senior politicians is back in Europe on yet another lobby tour to try and bully politicians there to ditch their landmark climate legislation as it discriminates against the dirty tar sands.
- Officials from the European Commission see Keystone XL as an export pipeline from America to the EU.
- Two Albertan government ministers will be finishing their latest lobbying tours of Europe this week after a ten day PR push to undermine the EU’s flagship climate legislation, the Fuel Quality Directive.
- The fourth annual Canada-EU Energy Summit was held yesterday in London at Canada House in London. The event was disrupted by protestors angered at Canada’s aggressive lobbying to undermine European legislation.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2806)
- Briefings (7)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (634)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (4)
- News (6)
- Press Releases (21)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (28)
- Research & Opinions (29)
- Resources (12)
- Separate Oil and State (123)
- Subsidy Spotlight (1)
- Websites (4)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War