Posts in Energy Security
- As Washington continues to digest the explosive revelations in the book Fire and Fury about the chaotic and dysfunctional White House and whether the President is mentally fit for office, the Trump Administration continues its full-frontal assault on the environment.
- As war rages in Iraq, and oil and gasoline prices rise, the impotence of the US oil boom is exposed.
- Last week we reached an unwelcome milestone which should send alarm bells ringing in every capital across the globe.
- Over 40 per cent of the entire US marketed gas production could be exported, if all the LNG applications go ahead.
- The IEA’s annual World Energy Outlook is out today and judging by the media attention it’s getting it might as well have been named, ‘U.S. Oil Boom Outlook’.
- So great is the fracking boom in the US that it has created a “world of infinite gas” according to Tony Hayward, the disgraced ex-boss of BP.
- It’s pretty safe to assume one or both of the candidates will bring up energy issues in some predictable ways.
- All the talk of Hurricane Isaac and the RNC has so far failed to notice the gaping hole appearing in what is not only the Romney/Ryan energy platform but also the platform of the entire North American oil and gas industry. And frankly, while politicians might be forgiven (and I mean might) for not fully...
Continue reading 'Fires, storms and the energy independence myth'.
- Contrary to what most people believe, oil supply capacity is growing at such an unprecedented level that it might soon outpace consumption. This could lead to overproduction and a steep dip in oil prices. That is the startling conclusion from Leonardo Maugeri, a former senior executive with Italian oil giant ENI, who is currently a...
Continue reading 'Bye, Bye Peak Oil'.
- For some time now we have been told that the ongoing North American oil boom will end US reliance on Middle Eastern oil and change America’s foreign policy dynamic with regards to ‘hostile’ oil producers. Nothing could be further from the truth. The latest petroleum statistics from the Energy Information Administration (EIA) show that in...
Continue reading 'Saudi oil import rise exposes the lie of North American oil independence'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,667)
- Briefings (40)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (14)
- Factsheets (14)
- Featured (1,474)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Letters (3)
- Methodology (2)
- News (716)
- Newsletter (25)
- Press Releases (196)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (87)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (70)
- Separate Oil and State (143)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Supplemental Material (1)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Deepwater Horizon Donald Trump energy policy Energy Security extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills pipelines Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell subsidies tar sands US politics violence