Posts in Enbridge
- “This decision represents a complete failure by the Minnesota Public Utilities Commission to hear the concerns of Indigenous communities and other Minnesotans demanding its rejection."
- What does it say about the prospects for multi-billion dollar tar sands oil pipelines, that a national government felt the need to buy a project outright in order to try to save it? When Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau decided to buy-out a failing tar sands pipeline from texas-based Kinder Morgan last month, it exposed...
Continue reading 'What Canada’s Pipeline Purchase Means for Line 3 and KXL'.
- When it comes to pipeline regulatory decisions, we’re seeing a significant new trend: “Poison approvals” The thing about inertia is that it’s pretty hard to resist, especially when it’s been in place for decades. When it comes to oil and gas pipeline permits, the inertia in place for government agencies at all levels to simply...
Continue reading 'Pipeline “poison approvals”: a new trend?'.
- According to a new report released today by Rainforest Action Network, Oil Change International, and 10 organizations from around the world, commercial banks continue to finance the tar sands sector at levels that do not align with the Paris Agreement 1.5° to 2° target – and finance levels are surging in 2017.
Report: Big Banks Complicit in Massive Tar Sands Destruction and Pollution Through Hundreds of Billions in FinancingAccording to a new report released today by Rainforest Action Network, Oil Change International, and 10 organizations from around the world, commercial banks continue to finance the tar sands sector at levels that do not align with the Paris Agreement 1.5° to 2° target – and finance levels are surging in 2017.
- Oil majors are dumping Canada’s tar sands assets and investors are walking away from new projects. It’s the latest sign that the massive expansion the industry planned at the start of this decade is quickly falling apart. Canada’s status as one of the highest cost, highest carbon sources of oil is hurting the industry and...
Continue reading 'A fading future for the tar sands'.
- Donald Trump supports almost none of those things Justin Trudeau claims to. So it's a big problem when they actually seem to agree on one issue – building massive new tar sands pipelines like Keystone XL.
- Climate on the Line: Why new tar sands pipelines are incompatible with the Paris goals January 2017 Oil Change International Download the report here. New analysis finds that Canada will be the world’s second highest contributor of new oil production globally over the next twenty years if action isn’t taken to halt new tar sands...
Continue reading 'Climate on the Line: Why New Tar Sands Pipelines Are Incompatible With the Paris Goals'.
RELEASE: Oil Change International reacts to approval of Kinder Morgan Trans Mountain Expansion and Enbridge Line 3 projectsBy approving these new pipelines, Prime Minister Trudeau has kicked the legs out from under Canada’s new climate change strategy. Canada has signaled to the world that it will fail to meet its Paris climate commitments.
- On Tuesday, I joined over 100 new and old friends as we took to the street outside Secretary Kerry’s house in Washington, DC. By the end of the day, over 20 young people had been arrested for locking down and refusing the leave Kerry’s porch.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,761)
- Briefings (43)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (16)
- Factsheets (14)
- Featured (1,566)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Letters (5)
- Methodology (2)
- News (801)
- Newsletter (25)
- Press Releases (215)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (93)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (77)
- Separate Oil and State (145)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Supplemental Material (1)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Deepwater Horizon Donald Trump energy policy Energy Security extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills pipelines Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell subsidies tar sands US politics violence