Posts in electric vehicles
- Officials in Paris have announced they plan to banish all gasoline and diesel cars by 2030
- Despite all the predictions about the coming renewable and electic vehicle (EV) revolution, Big Oil is still betting on being able to make oil drilling more efficient to compete with renewables, rather than switching to producing clean energy instead.
- The electric vehicle revolution is happening - and may account for 25 per cent of the global vehicle fleet by 2040.
- “The typical American male devotes more than 1,000 hours a year to his car”, so wrote the Austrian philosopher Ivan Illich way back in 1974.
- How BP's Outlook for Energy looks to the past not the future
- It is pretty hard nowadays to pass a gas station and not notice the plummeting price. Fuel prices have been falling so persistently that it appears that Americans have rediscovered their taste for gas guzzlers.
- Finally someone has stated the blindingly obvious… For years the car industry has argued that electric vehicles are the answer to climate change. They have even had the audacity to call them “zero emission vehicles”. At the moment, electric vehicles are all the rage. At this year’s Frankfurt Motor Show visitors would have been left...
Continue reading 'Electric Vehicles May Increase CO2'.
- Headline on the BBC’s flagship radio show, the Today programme at 8.00 AM this morning: 20-odd Greenpeace protestors have spent the night on the House of Commons to highlight the government’s lack of action on climate change. Next headline: a report by the Government’s own advisors on climate change says the government must do more...
Continue reading 'Protestors and Advisors Tell UK Gov to Act on Climate'.
- After twelve years in power the British Labour government yesterday outlined what it has deemed a “low carbon transition plan”. Coopting language from the growing Transition Town movement is a crafty tactic by the British government that is promising to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 34% by 2020 with 80% cut by 2050. Let’s get...
Continue reading 'UK Outlines Flawed “Low Carbon Transition Plan”'.
- Elsewhere in Europe, politicians have introduced a scrappage tax, whereby consumers are given incentives to scrap their vehicles and buy a newer, cleaner model. Although the motor industry is trying to say this has major environmental benefits, any detailed cost benefit analysis – including the cost of making the new car – seriously calls this...
Continue reading 'Labour to Bump-Start Electric Vehicle Revolution'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,609)
- Briefings (37)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (14)
- Factsheets (14)
- Featured (1,413)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Letters (2)
- Methodology (2)
- News (661)
- Newsletter (25)
- Press Releases (177)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (83)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (66)
- Separate Oil and State (143)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Supplemental Material (1)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Deepwater Horizon Donald Trump energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell subsidies tar sands US politics violence